Export of dive log to Wordpress website

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTPaws

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Google let me down on this, but I am looking for a way (plugin, code, etc.) incorporate my dive logs into my wordpress website. Of the plugins I've found, none have been updated in many years.

I have Divemate, Diving Log 6.0, Subsurface and APD Divesight (rebreather).

Subsurface has an HTML export that outputs a javascript file, that I am still researching how to use.

I admit I'm being a bit lazy here and seeing if anyone else has done this already.

Regarding Subsurface html export.
It should produce two things
1) an html file
2) a folder containing js files.
As long as these are saved in the same directory the html file is just like a webpage. ie you can simply upload both to wordpress and then link the html file as you like.

Regarding Subsurface html export.
It should produce two things
1) an html file
2) a folder containing js files.
As long as these are saved in the same directory the html file is just like a webpage. ie you can simply upload both to wordpress and then link the html file as you like.

Thanks, I found #1 & 2 - Now I just have to figure out the linking :eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Many ways possible.
A general way could be have a page for your dives. On said page have a list of dive titles where each title is clickable. Not sure with wordpress as I write my own sites but I'm sure they allow html access somewhat. For each title, edit the html adding a "onClick" element that redirects to the linking exported html page

How you want it integrated. One post per dive? Do you just want it on the same domain? Do you want your site theme to be integrated?

I think the most straightforward way with Subsurface would be to do the HTML export and upload it to a directory not managed by Wordpress, e.g. '/dives' and then link it from a sidebar or wherever you want. Just eyeballing the output, it's a HTML page with some Javascript that loads your dives from another JS file and displays them, so a copy-paste approach may be difficult.

Other option would be to do an export (again, Subsurface) to one of the third party sites it supports, and then make a post with an iframe to the individual dive.

Just in case someone else wants an answer, it turns out that iframe is the easy way to go. I just uploaded it to my server, as @Sean Walberg mentioned and then used iframe to bring it in.

Thanks @joeboomer & @Sean Walberg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom