Mares quad air won't display tank pressure on boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parlem

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!
Perhaps someone on here can help me with my predicament.

I'm currently in the red sea on a dive trip. Last week I bought a brand new quad air at home in Barcelona.

The computer is great but for some reason it won't display the Tank pressure when I'm still dry on the boat. Only after I've jumped in the water and begun to descend.

It's very annoying because I can't check that I actually have a full tank until I've begun the dive, which is not very safe. What am I doing wrong?

The transmitter and the computer are paired correctly and it works perfectly during the dive (I actually love it!)

I've read the user manual carefully but cannot find the answer to my ptoblem.

I've emailed Mares and my local dive store but they're not getting back to me. I guess it's the holiday season.

Please help!! TIA.

Are you sure the computer is selected in dive mode and you pressed the button to start? Not familiar with the Quad but I have an Icon. THE transmitters are interchangable. When in dive mode the icon always shows the pressure. I know the transmitter is always searching for a computer whenever it is under pressure. The only thing I can think of is that the computer is in some mode other than dive mode.

Many, many thanks for your input and advice.
The manual does not suggest that I need to select any mode in particular in order to dive. I would have thought that pressing any button would wake up the computer and it would pick up the transmitter automatically. But perhaps I'm mistaken.

If you have any other thoughts, they'd be very welcome.

I'm afraid there's probably a perfect explanation.

The same happens with the Suunto's D series and the Oceanic Dive computer with AI. You have to set them into "dive mode" on the boat to check the tank pressure before you hit the water. They simply do not show tank pressure on "time mode". What is happening now is that your Mares starts showing tank pressure after the computer gets automatically into dive mode when you reach a certain depth (3 to 4 feet usually).

Thank you all for your input.

I'll tinker some more tomorrow.

I have the mares quad non AI. But even in dive mode it doesn’t start registering anything other than the basic info until I hit the water. I would think showing psi before entering would be a very appealing option

I'm shocked all computers don't do it, I have a Perdix so just thought it was a given.
I doubt there are any AI computers that won’t show cylinder pressure on the surface, assuming you are on the correct screen, in dive mode, and the transmitter (if hoseless) is communicating and within range. It is a given.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom