ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE FOR REBREATHER SENSORS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will have replacements for the JJ. See attached photo. Should have had them now, but DHL lost a shipment of boards. So, now early January they will be available.

Attachments

• AST-14D2.jpg
    AST-14D2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 104
By mid January we should have the AST-14D in stock for the Inspiration Vision electronics, XCCR and Flex rebreathers.

Attachments

• AST-14D.jpg
    AST-14D.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 80
H Patrick,
I'm currently using AI Sensors in my modified XCCR, homemade FLEX, SF2 RBs and Divesoft analyser.
What I'd need from you is to know what partnumbers from AST to order as dropin replacements for my PSR11-39-MD3 sensors used in my XCCR and FLEX RBs, a PSR11-39-MD3 replacement without hydrophobic membrane for my analyser, and PSR11-39-XD sensors for the SF2. Looking at your website without pictures of the sensors or description of the connector hasn't helped me get any smarter.
No real hurry, it'll be May before I'm living in the USA and needing new sensors.

Michael Fisch
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

This is my alternative O2 sensor, also works with CO2. Just plumb the jar into the loop, watch the cat for signs of distress.

View attachment 557232
That is really nasty!
I remember back 45 years ago in high school physics when the teacher pulled a vaccum on a mouse for a few minutes, the mouse didn't survive.

Michael

Are you using the actual JJ supplied ones JJ-CCR Oxygen Sensor or something else?

Why would you use anything other than the JJ ones?

Our sensors are made by Applied Sensing Technology (AST). AST was started over two years ago by two executives that have 60 years of combined experience in sensor design/manufacturing while working at both Teledyne and AI. JJ does not make their own sensors, I believe they are supplied to them by Vandergraph and I think Vandergraph has another sensor mfg making them for them.

In the past, Teledyne made the most reliable sensor for rebreathers. When I began working with AST and knowing they worked at both companies, I asked them why there were differences in performance between AI and Teledyne sensors. After being explained the differences, I asked them to make a sensor as close to a Teledyne as possible.

I know people that have used every sensor mfg on the market and compared them to Teledyne sensors and am told the AST sensors are closer to the performance of a Teledyne sensor that others on the market.

H Patrick,
I'm currently using AI Sensors in my modified XCCR, homemade FLEX, SF2 RBs and Divesoft analyser.
What I'd need from you is to know what partnumbers from AST to order as dropin replacements for my PSR11-39-MD3 sensors used in my XCCR and FLEX RBs, a PSR11-39-MD3 replacement without hydrophobic membrane for my analyser, and PSR11-39-XD sensors for the SF2. Looking at your website without pictures of the sensors or description of the connector hasn't helped me get any smarter.
No real hurry, it'll be May before I'm living in the USA and needing new sensors.

Michael Fisch

Let me know when you have them for the SF2.

Tell us more about the hydrophobic membrane. Is this proprietary for the AST? Will this prevent the PPO2 locking? I've had it happen to only one sensor, but it was disturbing.

H Patrick,

Michael Fisch

Yes, having difficulty getting photos loaded up on the site. Hope the info below helps.

AST-14D Replacement sensor for Inspiration, Evolution, XCCR and Flex rebreathers

AST-14D1 Replacement oxygen sensor for SF2 and Titan rebreathers.

AST-22D Works in the Dive Rite Optina, KISS rebreathers, Hammerhead, Megalodon, eEvo, Liberty, original Inspiration, Prism 2 and Explorer MK2, Posiedon MK6/MK7 and Discovery VI. It also works in the following oxygen analyzers: Nitroxbuddy, DiveSoft, OxySpy, Hydrospace Explorer, Oxy2 and Lifeguard.

Back
Top Bottom