Cousteau/SEA enviro sealing issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm having a problem with a dry seal kit (same as old titan) on a Cousteau I have, I set ip and the minute I fit transmitter and end cap the ip jumps like 40-50 psi once end cap is fully screwed down. I tried in on an older SEA first stage and get the same results. Without dry sealing both function perfectly. All I can think of is the transmitter is the wrong one? Mine looks like this: the other thing it could be is the dry seal diaphragm, it's aged and is a bit stiff and sticky. Anyone any ideas? Thank you.

027D3152-2498-4E4A-82E6-77F5483741C9.jpeg
6B1A2205-0CCD-4E17-8CEE-E81D93A8CA5E.jpeg

Silly diaphragm regulators. :stirpot:

Is the main spring retainer torqued down to at least 20 foot lbs?

Are the spring block springs new? If not, I know someone who had them for sale. :-D

One of the first stages is NOS. Both function perfect as standard unsealed regs, it's adding the kit to either when it all turns to poo.

just in case, did you fit the transmiter, external diaphragm and diaphragm retainer while regulator under pressure ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom