Interesting development from Henderson

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one of the new Greenprene wetsuits in 3mm. I have four work dives on it so far. It is definitely more flexible than their Aqua-lock and Thermoprene suits. It might not be any stretchier than the Thermoprene Pro, but those did not hold up to our wear and tear at work. It also looks very nice. It might be the best looking wetsuit I have owned.

As for warmth, it may be a little warmer than the AquaLock after the first rush of water. The Aqualock has taped seams so you don't get the water coming in from the seams. The Greenprene does not have taped seams so you do get an initial flush of water, but it seemed warmer after that. My deepest work dives are 24' so I can't comment on compression until I dive it in open water.

YMMV,

Jackie

With the price & quality of other suits on the market today, that new suit is going to need to be pretty nice to get me to pay Henderson prices again. I started out buying Hendersons. I've had a few of them. I've since moved on. I'll take a look at the new stuff. My mind is still open

I just tried on a 3mm suit. Super comfortable, very stretchy, easy to don and doff. Quite spongy - feels different to neoprene. Wish I could have kept it. Definitely getting one. I heard summer 2020 for final release.

So did you ever get one? My old Henderson Hyperflex is getting pretty chilly in the Belmar Back Bay (mid 50s), and I figured I would treat myself to a new 5 mm (since it looks like a lot more shore diving this year!).

Divers Two has this and the Aqualung Aquaflex. I'm always a big fan of recycling plastic garbage.

So did you ever get one? My old Henderson Hyperflex is getting pretty chilly in the Belmar Back Bay (mid 50s), and I figured I would treat myself to a new 5 mm (since it looks like a lot more shore diving this year!).

Divers Two has this and the Aqualung Aquaflex. I'm always a big fan of recycling plastic garbage.

I have the 3mm and the 7mm. Used the 7mm in the Shark River 10 days ago. Water was just too damn cold. 45F. I took the 3mm with me to LCBR and the water was 89F so ended up using a t-shirt & shorts. Both are super comfortable and easy to don/doff. PM me before purchase. I can get you some very aggressive pricing.

I have 5 dives now on my 7mm Greenprene suit. It's almost indistinguishable from the 7mm Thermaxx it replaced; it seems to be a little thicker but the buoyancy is the same. It's at least as warm, maybe warmer than my old suit (for the last several months I was either in the Caribbean or in a drysuit, so it's hard to make a direct comparison) and it's stretchy and easy to get on and off. It was more expensive, but I like the idea behind it, so I don't mind paying extra.

Back
Top Bottom