Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

most militaryy gear is built by the lowest bidder

If the cost of the o-rings we used to get was lowest bidder I don't want to know the higher bids.

If the cost of the o-rings we used to get was lowest bidder I don't want to know the higher bids.
Critical o-rings for subs were/are individually packaged with composition and cure date, each pack has to be included “in the package” for review by QA, the part is worth 2 cents, the accountability...priceless.

Critical o-rings for subs were/are individually packaged with composition and cure date, each pack has to be included “in the package” for review by QA, the part is worth 2 cents, the accountability...priceless.

Multiple QA , I was the one doing the on ship QA review. Working with the guy doing the ordering when we ordered them. The amount they charged was outrageous.

Multiple QA , I was the one doing the on ship QA review. Working with the guy doing the ordering when we ordered them. The amount they charged was outrageous.
If they spec’ed drysuits like they do O-rings thesuits would cost $600,000 each and they would have to be destroyed every 5 years

If they spec’ed drysuits like they do O-rings thesuits would cost $600,000 each and they would have to be destroyed every 5 years

How long is a military Cooper Hose good for before the unused hose has to be disposed of because of their age? I'm sure that you shouldn't use them in a new F35.

Michael

How long is a military Cooper Hose good for before the unused hose has to be disposed of because of their age? I'm sure that you shouldn't use them in a new F35.

Michael
Not into the wing nut stuff (aviation) worked on subs.

I know our ropes for helo stuff are of the highest quality, and go by a shorter life standard than the civilian side by 50%.

Back
Top Bottom