Vascular Microbubbles Sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, but collecting more data "might" ultimately lead to converting the art into a science.

Sadly the current fashion is to throw a neural network at it and tweak its knobs until some sort of correlation comes out. I'll take art over "machine learning" any day.

They state that 1.3 million of dives are analysed and 30.000 measurements are done.

Another question I get and did not ask: I need to registrate with name and email, but also with age, weight, gender, height, etc if I want to use the app. The app needs permits for storage space and microphone. But if registration is needed, how safe are my data? Because if I buy it, my dives are also used as 'analysed and measurements'? With or without correlation to me? There are worldwide not a lot of female techdivers with my age and height that do the dives I do.

A reference link I got from them is the one of Simon Mitchell, decompression controversies. The researched referenced to is J. Hugon and that is from odive they said. I did not had time now to look this video back again.

Simulating that longer stops or stops at higher PO2 will improve your profile is no rockets science, everybody knows. Diluent switches in ccr are not implemented as not a lot of divers to that. The biggest question is then: how are the simulations tested to correlate with high or low bubblers?

Yes, it is interesting, yes, it can maybe improve safety. But there are a lot of questions and to buy it to try, it is a too expensive toy.

For myself I don't know if I want to know the answer if I am a high bubbler or not. Maybe I only need the answer to this, because then I know if I maybe need to be more conservative than I already am. But I don't see the need to take the big efford in upload your profile over subsurface and then do measurements after every serious dive. A lot of times I cannot do the dive directly over again and bubbles seems also be part of the 'fittness of the day'.

Simulating that longer stops or stops at higher PO2 will improve your profile is no rockets science, everybody knows.

Longer stops mean more on-gassing in slower tissues resulting in longer subsequent stops, and you'll still be in the water counting fishes and catching pneumonia when everybody else's at home and on their 3rd beer already. Unless you go NEDU study way and cut your shallow stops and the base model says you should get bent. I'm not sure I'd call either alternative an improvement, myself, but a whole lot of people seem to believe it for some reason.

Longer stops mean more on-gassing in slower tissues resulting in longer subsequent stops, and you'll still be in the water counting fishes and catching pneumonia when everybody else's at home and on their 3rd beer already. Unless you go NEDU study way and cut your shallow stops and the base model says you should get bent. I'm not sure I'd call either alternative an improvement, myself, but a whole lot of people seem to believe it for some reason.
Sorry, I mean the last stop between 3 and 6m, that can be simulated, also if you improve on this stop the fraction of oxygen. I know that deeper stops, or deepstops will give more ongassing in slower tissues.
And yes, decostops are boring. But if you can't wait, then don't do technical diving. I don't cut shallow stops. When I am ready and people are try to get on the boat again, I will wait and breath some extra oxygen. It will not hurt.

Sorry, I mean the last stop between 3 and 6m, that can be simulated, also if you improve on this stop the fraction of oxygen. I know that deeper stops, or deepstops will give more ongassing in slower tissues.

If they had a submersible version of this thing, and could show you your bubble grade on a display, then you could decide whether a longer stop will help you. Say, you have a lot of tiny bubbles that are believed to not cause problems, and no big ones. Then extending your last stop and breathing oxygen will probably not make much difference. If it shows big bubbles, OTOH...

Sadly the current fashion is to throw a neural network at it and tweak its knobs until some sort of correlation comes out. I'll take art over "machine learning" any day.
It seems to work, for some stuff, though.

@KenGordon it seems to work. Seems being the operative word. There is no way to check if it really works, or if it is just giving some nice looking results. Look at what is happening in Image Recognition lately, and how badly things can go wrong without any warning.

@KenGordon it seems to work. Seems being the operative word. There is no way to check if it really works, or if it is just giving some nice looking results. Look at what is happening in Image Recognition lately, and how badly things can go wrong without any warning.

I start off as a hard sceptic for each big new thing in technology but I happened past a thing to do with this recently

Deep Learning Detects Hemorrhages with Expert Accuracy | NVIDIA Blog

Which seems to be going in the direction of being useful.

I start off as a hard sceptic for each big new thing in technology but I happened past a thing to do with this recently

Deep Learning Detects Hemorrhages with Expert Accuracy | NVIDIA Blog

Which seems to be going in the direction of being useful.

I'm sure you've seen this one though. And this one. And image recognition is only about the most mature application of it.

PS and note that your link is to the blog of the vendor looking for customers for their "mere $2K+" video cards. 'Cause us gamerz ain't buying for some strange reason, and miners have turned to ASICs half a decade ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom