Who makes a GREAT custom drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chanly83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Otter or SF Tech?
Looking for a good custom made to order suit backed by a moral and strong company that is equally capable in the Great Lakes to truk, Cenotes to Florida, pretty fish to deep walls.
I already own a Waterproof D1 hybrid. Also I know the price so let’s not respond with there’s great used suits on eBay. I know there are more massed produced great suits out there for less money but googling most of them and it’s a crap shoot, I don’t want that.
Thanks in advance.

I love my bespoke or MTM Kallweits, currently have 2 old ones and 2 brand new ones but I think that in the USA, SF Tech is currently the best way to go.
I'm hoping to sell Kallweits in Florida starting in the 2nd half of 2020, but with SF Tech you really can't go wrong.

Michael

Just got an Otter Atlantic HD custom fit, haven’t dived it yet but fits like a glove and very happy with build quality.

I love my DUI FLX Extreme. Feel a bit foolish for not moving to a premium suit much sooner in life.

I've had my otter brittanic from about 400 ( mostly wreck )dives and it's still great only leaks are neck seals due to general wear it's had a real hard life grovelling throug rusty holes And over rusty edges - I'd buy another one in a heart beat

talk to DRIS about a customized ursuit
Another vote for Ursuit.

And unless you're very unusually shaped, it might be just as good to start with an off the rack size and have it adjusted. In my country, both Santi and Ursuit can be made to order, with a certain number of alterations for the same price price as a suit taken off the rack. I had leg length and arm length adjusted on my suit, plus of course selected the right size boots, and it fits just right.

My wife and I have legitimately loved our O'Three Ri2-100 suits. The price makes them even better.

Some friends dive and swear by both Otter and Seaskin. Reviews on the SFTech seem really good as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom