Prospective New MCCR...first hand knowledge please reply...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I an an active user. What do you want to know?
The machine is perfect to travel with. I take it as hand carried as it small and light.
It is small and light but sturdy also and you can do any kind of dive with it. I have personally used it as oxy rb by plugging the adv, as a shallow reef exploration device with a single s40 BO-Dil and as deep dives machine to 3 digits(in meters!) with Dil and BO in SM or in BM.
The idea, is that you can add it to any set-up you like.
I also dive or used to dive with a Sidekick, a Flex and OMG mk1 and 2 and other machines so the front position was never really a pb. The only time, I was a bit septical was when I used it with BM 12L. On the surface, it is a bit bulky but uw, it is perfectly fine.
The machine is easy to clean.
It is easy to remove the pod between two dives to dry the cells.
The wob is really good.
The SW is fine.
The Momox with its hud is also fine.
A good thing also is that if you don't really need to travel or find the small tank used for O2. indeed, often, i travel without it as I know I won't get 200b O2. Si I just SM on the right a s40 with any pressure of O2 i can get and that's it:)
Good thing also is the company and its people who are constantly improving and diving the rb...

SL...

There is nothing on DR's website...I have sent an inquiry to Lamar...any further info you can share...did DR have a new chest mounted rebreather at DEMA...

Best...thank you...

Warren

There are some pics on FB from the CDS winter workshop. I will post a link if I can find it.

Various Drager models have used single oring on Pports for a long time. Doesn't seem to be a problem

There are lots of chest mount units in military use, no so much in the recreational community. Although white arrow made a couple at one time. Not sure why chest mount is a problem per se although like many units WOB and chipmunk cheeks is going to depend a lot on your trim.

Not being contrarian for the sake but, one of only two floods/aborted RB dives I’ve ever had was caused by a Drager single o ring p port failing. It clicked but did not fully engage because the spring was restricted by corrosion and sand. An additional o ring might have helped hold the fitting in place even if the mechanism had not fully engaged.

The double o ring p port style connectors that came with my OSEL ALVBOV are stubbornly strong, and the seal is tight even before the spring fitting clicks into place. Wish Drager had used the same design...

Not being contrarian for the sake but, one of only two floods/aborted RB dives I’ve ever had was caused by a Drager single o ring p port failing. It clicked but did not fully engage because the spring was restricted by corrosion and sand. An additional o ring might have helped hold the fitting in place even if the mechanism had not fully engaged.

The double o ring p port style connectors that came with my OSEL ALVBOV are stubbornly strong, and the seal is tight even before the spring fitting clicks into place. Wish Drager had used the same design...
on the triton there is a big plastic circlip on each connection. If the connection isn’t in all the way then the circlip won’t click into position and lock the connection closed.

I know I probably sound like an advocate, but it’s just that I have one so know how it works

I've got experience on the triton. They are pretty awesome - training is limited in the USA and quite hard to find however over in EU etc they are fairly popular. being chest mount it is easy to remove and replace while keeping other bottles in trim. It's durable I put it through a number of pretty hard dives (sump crawls etc in Ontario) and it performed well.

I was using it as a redundant breather along with my sidekick.

Carry some spare lungs because they are fairly fragile as stated above.

You won't go wrong with buying one you just need to have good contacts for spares.

on the triton there is a big plastic circlip on each connection. If the connection isn’t in all the way then the circlip won’t click into position and lock the connection closed.

I know I probably sound like an advocate, but it’s just that I have one so know how it works

You don’t sound like an advocate, circlips are arguably better than p ports because they are not inside a housing, like the spring inside the p port, which is the mechanical element that provides the force to hold the male p port fitting in place. If a circlip fails to hold it is immediately visually obvious, which would make it safer.

Did anyone ever find links to the Dive Rite one? I'd be interested to see it, too.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom