Ferry tix to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’ve read it’s usually fine to buy tickets at the port in PDC but does that hold true around the holidays? I’m going January 2 from Puerto Morelos.
On a similar note, is the Ado bus the best way from PM? I’ll be staying beachside...

Thank you!

I’ve read it’s usually fine to buy tickets at the port in PDC but does that hold true around the holidays? I’m going January 2 from Puerto Morelos.
On a similar note, is the Ado bus the best way from PM? I’ll be staying beachside...

Thank you!

Why not just buy at the ferry dock?? Ultramar to the left, Winjet to the right - pick your color!

I am buying at the ferry dock from now on, I remember being stuck for over an hour because one of the ferry companies held their entire ferry run for cruise ship passengers only.

Yup, buy at the pier. I never buy round trip as that company that takes you to Cozumel may not meet your schedule on the return.
I like to support other companies besides Ultramar because I remember when they were the only game in town and what they did with prices. I still go Ultramar if convenient, but support the competition as much as possible.

Thank you!

Have you ever read that it's not fine to buy tickets at the dock?:)
Best conveyance from PM depends on your perspective. The most comfortable public transportation would definitely be ADO. The least expensive would be a colectivo.

Have you ever read that it's not fine to buy tickets at the dock?:)
Best conveyance from PM depends on your perspective. The most comfortable public transportation would definitely be ADO. The least expensive would be a colectivo.
The colectivo may be cheaper, but you won't save much.

No reservations needed and absolutely no reason to buy before arriving at the pier - just make sure you arrive at least 20 minutes before departure to get your ticket and go through security

Do not buy round trip ferry ticket.

The bus stop in PM is right off the highway, you would still need to take a cab to your hotel. I have never been to PM but would bet that the bus/ cab combo wouldn't be much money or very hard, just make sure the bus driver knows you are getting off in PM.

Back
Top Bottom