Trip video - Socorro, Dec 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing, nice video. That one tiger at 1:19 looked pretty skinny, Id be keeping my eye on him. The shot at 1:53 with two white tip swimming against a rock backdrop then seeming to start shifting sideways. Was that a sudden down current?
We went down then up. I believe it was surge.

Similar setup, can you share you general starting point for your video settings?
The attached jpeg would show the main settings.
CAE5C261-A75E-4A2E-AD4A-AC1502B06AE8.jpeg

BTW, what was water temperature over there?
Between 23 and 29 degrees C, with lowest average temp of about 25.6.

I used a 5 mm semi-dry on the first dive and found it too warm. For all other dives I used a 4th Element hooded vest and a Apeks tech shorts. A little on the chilly side but I wanted to burn some calories. A couple of Canadians were also in hooded vests and shorts, but at the other extreme there was a Dutch girl who was in a 7mm semi-dry.

Between 23 and 29 degrees C, with lowest average temp of about 25.6.

I used a 5 mm semi-dry on the first dive and found it too warm. For all other dives I used a 4th Element hooded vest and a Apeks tech shorts. A little on the chilly side but I wanted to burn some calories. A couple of Canadians were also in hooded vests and shorts, but at the other extreme there was a Dutch girl who was in a 7mm semi-dry.
Thanks! Wow, this is a huge span, 73 to 84 F. I'd go in Lycra into 84 F but 73 is asking for 5 mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom