FB posting - standards violations - how many can you pick out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to reiterate:

Depth
Cylinders, single not doubles, capacity questionable for dive, small seeming pony
Possible spear fishing during class
Instructor-student ration - in question

Did anyone catch the closeup of the deco bottle with the second stage hose wrapped several times through the hose retainer?

Why, why the hell would you do it that way?

Even if the gear was within standards, it’s rigged the oddest way possible and funky as hell.

It is a bit odd, but anyone with common sense will be diving doubles at this depth.
That depends. Thousands of dives are conducted to those depths on single tanks with pony bottles. You just have to understand that there are a lot of divers doing different profiles and activities.

A better way to look at it is not depth, but decompression. A 185 ft. dive for 5 minutes is much different than a 185 ft. dive for 30 minutes.

Did anyone catch the closeup of the deco bottle with the second stage hose wrapped several times through the hose retainer?

Why, why the hell would you do it that way?

Even if the gear was within standards, it’s rigged the oddest way possible and funky as hell.
I agree, but we don't know if that is how it remained for the dive. I'm playing devils advocate here because you're trying to do the impossible, get answers to questions about a single snap shot in time without having the parties here to answer those questions. The hose routing makes no sense, but he could have just threw it on for a picture and that's how he stores it when not being used and later rigs it right. We don't know.

I’m not at home with my course texts so I can do the calculations, but the profile shows 24/22 for back gas. What’s the PPO2 for 24% at 185ft? 1.6?

I’m not at home with my course texts so I can do the calculations, but the profile shows 24/22 for back gas. What’s the PPO2 for 24% at 185ft? 1.6?

Study study study - you should be able to snap those off!! LOL

Close enough to call it 1.6

The Tee formula, pressure times FO2 to find PO2

Feet to Ambient or Absolute pressure is (185 / 33) +1 = 6.6

So 6.6 times .24 (FO2) = 1.58

I ran the math as well, 1.58 PPO2. Not as bad as I first thought. At least the dive was short. Little more than a bounce dive.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom