ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE FOR REBREATHER SENSORS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Different than what? Waiting for boards and both male and female coax connectors. They should arrive next week and then we’ll make a few samples/prototypes. I imagine the sensors for the JJ will be available late November.

Will post a definite date about two weeks before they will be available for shipping.

Different from the Vandegraph ones that I am using now? Should I use yours for the next replacement?

Different from the Vandegraph ones that I am using now? Should I use yours for the next replacement?

I have personally not tested the Vandergraph sensors. However, one individual has dove Teledyne, AI, Vandergraphs and our ASTs. His comments to me were the ASTs perform better than AI and Vandergraph.

I am expecting more input from another test pilot this weekend on a different rebreather where they will be compared with AI sensors that are in his unit now.

I can tell you they are great, but prefer to get some out there and let the end users promote them for me.

But, I would not enter this market if I did not feel very confident in them. One of the owners of AST has three patents under him and since he worked at both AI and Teledyne he knows the differences in the two and my desire to basically sell a rebreather sensor like the Teledyne sensors I sold previously.

I have personally not tested the Vandergraph sensors. However, one individual has dove Teledyne, AI, Vandergraphs and our ASTs. His comments to me were the ASTs perform better than AI and Vandergraph.

I am expecting more input from another test pilot this weekend on a different rebreather where they will be compared with AI sensors that are in his unit now.

I can tell you they are great, but prefer to get some out there and let the end users promote them for me.

But, I would not enter this market if I did not feel very confident in them. One of the owners of AST has three patents under him and since he worked at both AI and Teledyne he knows the differences in the two and my desire to basically sell a rebreather sensor like the Teledyne sensors I sold previously.

OK, gotcha! Good luck with the rollout, will check out the JJ version when it becomes available...

What are the advantages

Quality and reliability. They performed quite well against Teledyne sensors.

They are replacement oxygen sensors used in the following rebreathers:
Dive Rite Optima, KISS rebreathers, Hammerhead, Megalodon, eEvo, Liberty, original Inspiration, Prism 2 and Explorer MK2, Posiedon MK6/MK7 and Discovery VI.

Plans for JJ?

Back
Top Bottom