How I got Wife to switch to a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave616

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife has been diving a Zeagle Lazer BC in cold water and a Zeagle Scout BC in the tropics for years. At some point she noticed how much smaller my gear packed up and said "why don't I have one of those". She also noticed how much less lead you have to pack on to a BPW. It wasn't cheap but I finally got her to switch to a BPW. She wasn't too keen on going to a weight belt so I used a SS plate and integrated weight pouches.

Pics (harness is not yet 100% adjusted, and yes, the pink is hard on the eyes):

49234428716_fb023d49fc_b.jpg

49234428466_6ed764d93a_b.jpg

49234656727_01e5e28e0c_b.jpg

49234656842_59af402bd3_b.jpg

49234429021_275d201764_b.jpg

49234428871_41dd897527_b.jpg

Parts List:
BP: OxyCheq Stainless Steel with Prison Pink CeraKote
STA: OxyCheq Dog-Bone-style SS with Prison Pink CeraKote (Not shown/installed)
Wing: OxyCheq 30# Mach V Chroma in Hot Pink
Harness: Piranha Mfg. Hot Pink Webbing
Harness D-Rings/Tri-glides: Piranha Mfg. Black Powder Coat
Harness Buckle: OxyCheq with Flat Black CeraKote
Cam Bands: Aqualung GripLock bands
Trim Weight Pouches: Sub Gravity Pink
Weight Pouches: DiveRite Quick Buckle 16lb. Weight Pouches
Crotch Strap: Cave Adventures

Heading to the pool and then hopefully Coz...

Huge THANK YOU to Edd at Cave Adventures for the great service and pricing on the more expensive components on this rig.

P.S. ...sorry guys.

I can't help but wonder what it looks like inflated but without the tank.....

"Prison Pink.

As Paris Hilton would say "that's hot".

Instead of Oxycheq, looks like it ought to say Revlon. Kind of pretty, but so visually loud it’s a bit painful to look at.

But my wife calls me a stick in the mud at times, so consider the source. At least it’ll be obvious which one is her on group dives.

Did you consider adding an STA so you can potentially take these large weight pockets off the waist strap? With an SS plate and the rest of the lead in the trim pouches, she should be able to keep her waist free in warm water attire.

PS - it bothers me that that crotch strap does not match!

Did you consider adding an STA so you can potentially take these large weight pockets off the waist strap? With an SS plate and the rest of the lead in the trim pouches, she should be able to keep her waist free in warm water attire.

PS - it bothers me that that crotch strap does not match!

LOL. I think a black crotch strap against a black wetsuit will ultimately look better even if it doesn't match. I bought her the OxyCheq "dog bone" style STA but it's not attached in this pic. I want her to feel a difference and decide what she likes better. If you meant a "weighted STA", I have not found any or any P-weights that would use. The weight pouches on the waist strap may get turned vertical yet. All things we have to figure out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom