FB posting - standards violations - how many can you pick out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We’re taking class training dives here, not whatever you feel like doing outside of class.

So again, I ask the question - you have apparently have no issues with tech instructors violating standards like this situation?
Isn’t the instructor involved? I have no issue with it, who taught the teachers? I’m nearing 50 years diving so my perspective comes from there. No interest in this really, listen to your instructor, think for yourself.

I don't have an issue either. But I will say that if I plan on diving a wreck like the San Francisco and someone plans on diving to the shallow part at 140 feet or the deck 165 feet, well ... I don't want to be anywhere near them. Now that is normalization of deviance.

I think I'll make sure I'm on a boat of trimix rebreather divers. I don't want my dive cut short because someone winds up having some sort of emergency.
It was 183 feet, 13 minutes bottom time, air, and long deco, 23 minutes or so. On 50% and 70%, this used to be called “scuba” diving. I’m not saying the new way isn’t better and safer but it’s not the only way. I didn’t realize which section this was in so I’m out.

Is it clear that all 5 divers were students and (at least) one was not a DM or another nonstudent diver?

I'll admit I can't read. They definitely violated a boatload of standards then and that should be dealt with accordingly. I had assumed tdi. Someone posted this as the supposed profile as well, which is fairly telling. This only reiterates the fact I need caffeine before I internet. View attachment 555799
185' on 24% O2?
I know I should be sleeping right now but I even saw that one.

Standards or not, good practice is out the window.

News flash, there are horrible instructors out there giving away useless plastic cards with scuba words on them for money!!!

In other news, the sun is on fire.

I'll accept students in a jacket style BCD and split fins. The performance requirements of backfinning and helicopter turns don't change. If they want to do that in split fins and will be able to do so well enough, then no problem.
How many can pull that off?

How many can pull that off?
I haven't had any takers yet. Lol. I've done it myself, but not at the level that I would pass someone. I'll loan them my Eddy fins and retry. My guess is that it will result in a few sales.

Found this last night off the dive shop’s FB. Student mentioned in the original post from the charter op. This is where the earlier posted dive profile came from. It’s since been taken down. All the posts are down now. We’ll just have to wait and see if NAUI does anything.

ACD6BBF2-9A2F-45D6-95B6-1AE865ADB695.png

Obsolete?
Oh please. Imperial standard units are still used in Liberia, Myanmar, and one other country that I can’t recall right now.

There are two types of countries.. Those that use metric and those that put a man on the moon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom