Rental car companies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wicket

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Heading back to Blue Bay at the end of January. Has anyone rented from Ace rentals? I’ve used Just Drive on my last three visits but Ace is running about 200.00 less this time. Insurance can be arranged with my credit card.
Thanks!

Be aware that using your own insurance might result in them forcing a large deposit or "adjusting" the rental rates. I used Sixt without problems but YMMV.

Check out D&D Car Rental. They’re near the airport. Will pick you up and drop off. In and out in less than 5 minutes. Insurance included as is second driver. Cars are practically new. Have used them several times, best rental experience I’ve ever had. They prefer cash.

Check out D&D Car Rental. They’re near the airport. Will pick you up and drop off. In and out in less than 5 minutes. Insurance included as is second driver. Cars are practically new. Have used them several times, best rental experience I’ve ever had. They prefer cash.
If you pay cash, you don't get the insurance coverage that comes with most credit cards. The CDW they sell you is a huge rip-off

If you pay cash, you don't get the insurance coverage that comes with most credit cards. The CDW they sell you is a huge rip-off

Whenever I've rented a car, they run a hold on the cc but don't charge the rental fees until I turn the car in. By that time you'll know if you need the insurance or not. I wonder if you could use a card to secure the rental then pay cash when you turn in and settle up. I'd think the rental agency would prefer that anyway.

Whenever I've rented a car, they run a hold on the cc but don't charge the rental fees until I turn the car in. By that time you'll know if you need the insurance or not. I wonder if you could use a card to secure the rental then pay cash when you turn in and settle up. I'd think the rental agency would prefer that anyway.

Credit cards have been known to not kick in for repairs if the full amount of the rental is not charged on the card.

Credit cards have been known to not kick in for repairs if the full amount of the rental is not charged on the card.

But by the time you turn in the car and charge the card, you would know if repairs were needed or not. If you damage the car, then charge the rental on the card. If everything goes well, then pay cash.

But by the time you turn in the car and charge the card, you would know if repairs were needed or not. If you damage the car, then charge the rental on the card. If everything goes well, then pay cash.

Be sure to take lots of pictures before AND after the rental. I would hate to see them charge someone for damage by others (after the rental).

Thanks everyone think I’ll give it a try with one of the “major” rental agencies this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom