Trip Report Trip Report-Philippines-Puerto Galera-El Galleon/Asia Divers-April 1-14, 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are only a handful few operators in the area and I always use Peter.
Getting there is NOT that straight forward I am afraid and probably the only reason why so few divers make it there. But it does reward handsomely to those with determination.

Manila:
Fly to Tacloban and either by public or private to the resort. Please do obtain all the necessary information if decide to travel by public bus/van.

Cebu City:
Cebu to Leyte: 2019 Boat Schedule and Fare Rates -

Hilongos is the nearest entry point for Southern Leyte. Maasin is even closer but not too sure about the latest ferry schedule.

Check with the dive resort for the up-date.
Thanks @Centrals

Pup, do eet!

Asia Divers, perhaps skip the first dive and get your caffeine levels up first and definitely do a night dive on Alma Jane.
I didn't know they can bring you to the Alma Jane for a night dive.
I did 2 night dives last time and it was at the Hill and Sabang wrecks.
Will definitely ask for the Alma Jane next time.

Some operators has depth limit, usually 18m, on night dive!

Good luck

I didn't know they can bring you to the Alma Jane for a night dive.

I've done night dives on Alma Jane in the past with Asia Divers albeit more than 5 years ago.

Some operators has depth limit, usually 18m, on night dive!

Good luck
Checking my log book, I've done 19m and 24m for my 2 night dives. Alma Jane is not much deeper.

Asia Divers still regularly does night dives on the Alma Jane. Shorter dive, obviously.
With an appropriate Nitrox and with the thrill diving a wreck by night, around and inside, I'm sure I don't mind a bit shorter but great dive. :D

Thanks for the info!

I've already been to Anilao half a dozen times though :) After a change of scenery. Even been to PG before, but it was a while ago and I stayed in town with a non-diving partner, not out near where El Galleon is. Wasn't a fan of PG itself, and haven't been back for that reason, but someone's convinced me to give it another go because "it's better if you don't stay in town".
Send me a private message. Happy to unpack it. Sorry for taking so long to respond. It has been a busy Holiday Season.

@Trailboss123
Hi...
I saw your YouTube they're nice! Your suggestions for Cozumel were great in 2019. THX for that.

Thinking about PG this year in philippines. Might go with exact op as in this thread for ease...

What's best time of year for PG? Do you know if things have changed with respect to vaccines, flights... any restrictions? I'm a US citizen...

I never dived in asia.. Indo pacific.

Back
Top Bottom