Help me find a new place to live.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you’re a warm-water weenie like myself...Any locale with access to an international airport will suffice...

Tucson, AZ? Hosts the best university in the state, has a huge range of outdoor activities, is a short drive to amazing gulf of California diving (does require crossing into Mexico).

The only thing positive I can say about California right now is the weather, that’s it.

I'd disagree on this... evening air temps have been in the high 40s / low 50s in the LA area... it was warmer in the ocean at 61 degrees a few nights ago!

Curious to see what other responses you get back...

The only positive thing I have to say about CA lately is that we can dive year round as long as the conditions (swell/surf) cooperate and not sure there are too many other places that have similar opportunities. While we've been waiting for the "big one" to strike for as long as I can remember, Florida and Texas keep getting hit by Cat 5 hurricanes on a regular basis and not sure I'd make that trade.

I don’t have to worry about that, the wife lived in Chicago years ago, Oaklawn to be exact, and that is definitely off the table. Nothing warm about their winters.
I dated this woman in Chicago and it became serious enough to discuss who would move. None of us was willing to. At some point she got mad at me and said "You make it sound like I live in Hell!". Fortunately I didn't think out loud or I would have said "Because you do." No offense to people who live in Chicago. Nice city, but that weather? And not much to do outdoors in comparison to the PNW.

Dallas, TX.

Houston if you like hot and wet! Wait, you already said no to that. Heck, I'm looking to get out of here as soon as I can, myself.

I lived in Utah for a couple of years, highly recommended. Diving sucks (there's a crater!) of course, but there's an airport.

Or come to Atlanta, not because it makes good sense on any of your criteria but because I can buy you a beer in gratitude for my excellent Freedom Plate.

Back
Top Bottom