Articles/Books/Reading on different decompression models?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to be writing a short(ish) academic paper on the different decompression models being employed in the dive industry.

+1 on who's the audience.

Read the DSAT report, PDF available from Rubicon foundation, and read Robert's blog. Both are linked upthread.

PS. "Development and validation of no-stop decompression procedures for recreational diving: The DSAT Recreational Dive Planner" by R.W Hamilton et al.

PPS. Baker's "Derivation of gas Loading Equations" if you want to dig a little deeper.

Along with those books, I would also recommend TDI manual for Decompression Procedures and PSAI's Advanced Nitrox manual or SSI Technical diving manual. They all say the same thing but the language of one may be better "click" to you than the other.

thanks for that! I actually have a digital course invite right now for TDI’s deco AN/DP course so I’ll look at those materials and the ones you suggested.

The paper and associated 30 minute presentation is targeted at recreational dive instructors.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone so far who have provided great resources!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom