Jads In Aruba closed down? Shore diving in Aruba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djpeteski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
The wife and I are planning to head to Aruba for New Years. She tends to get a bit sea sick, she always pukes on the second tank of a two tank boat dive, and often does during the first tank.

So I was really interested in diving with Jads as they have some shore diving from their shop. So I emailed them. The email bounced that I got off their website and it does not look like they have a number from the US.

Anyone know the status of Jads? Are they open? Did someone else take over their facility? Any other suggestions for shore diving in Aruba? We will have our own gear, but not tanks and weights.

For the record, I know about the Red Sail shore dive from Renaissance Island.

Update: I was able to contact them through facebook, but the mail server was rejecting my email. Using facebook messenger is probably the best way to contact them if you run into similar trouble.

The wife and I are planning to head to Aruba for New Years. She tends to get a bit sea sick, she always pukes on the second tank of a two tank boat dive, and often does during the first tank.

So I was really interested in diving with Jads as they have some shore diving from their shop. So I emailed them. The email bounced that I got off their website and it does not look like they have a number from the US.

Anyone know the status of Jads? Are they open? Did someone else take over their facility? Any other suggestions for shore diving in Aruba? We will have our own gear, but not tanks and weights.

For the record, I know about the Red Sail shore dive from Renaissance Island.
They are active on Facebook so I’d say they are still very open. They also list phone numbers on their site - is there a reason you can’t dial another country from your phone?

I have not been to Aruba this year, but dove with JADS in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Great group of people - Sue and Rudolph were great guides.

The shore diving near the shop is VERY dependent on the current and it can be wicked at the corner so it may not be dive-able.

A buddy of mine dived with them last week. No issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom