HELP NEEDED ASAP FOR NAVY SEAL CANDIDATE...PLEASE!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaboard Friends:

I’d like to thank each of you for your kind words and, most importantly, your suggestions on techniques for clearing/equalizing ears under compression.

As I mentioned in my original post from Saturday, my 20 year old son had passed the most rigorous military training this world has ever seen, HELL WEEK. He is completing Phase 1 ends with an introduction into dive techniques and instruction.

Last Friday the SEALs in training (who are fast approaching Phase 2)!entered a compression tank to simulate a 60’ dive. As one can imagine, this is a crucial phase which must be mastered given the scope of future assignments. He was unable to “pop” his ears and had to “tap out”. He was very concerned he’d be “performance rolled” which would delay his training.

I can proudly say he went back into the compression chamber today (final attempt) and put YOUR techniques to work.

He passed with flying colors and in time he’ll be completing 4 hour dive evolutions as part of the demanding pass/fail assignments.

I have not spoken to him as of this moment so I’m not exactly sure what technique was used. However, he did text to say “I killed it”.

Thanks again to an awesome community of encouragement.

Scubaboard Friends:

I’d like to thank each of you for your kind words and, most importantly, your suggestions on techniques for clearing/equalizing ears under compression.

As I mentioned in my original post from Saturday, my 20 year old son had passed the most rigorous military training this world has ever seen, HELL WEEK. He is completing Phase 1 ends with an introduction into dive techniques and instruction.

Last Friday the SEALs in training (who are fast approaching Phase 2)!entered a compression tank to simulate a 60’ dive. As one can imagine, this is a crucial phase which must be mastered given the scope of future assignments. He was unable to “pop” his ears and had to “tap out”. He was very concerned he’d be “performance rolled” which would delay his training.

I can proudly say he went back into the compression chamber today (final attempt) and put YOUR techniques to work.

He passed with flying colors and in time he’ll be completing 4 hour dive evolutions as part of the demanding pass/fail assignments.

I have not spoken to him as of this moment so I’m not exactly sure what technique was used. However, he did text to say “I killed it”.

Congrats - great news!

Scubaboard Friends:

Very pleased for you both and looking forward to reading what method(s), he used.

Are you serious that US Navy SEAL instructors failed to teach him the common techniques mentioned here?! If so, that bursts my bubble. I was under the impression there were no better dive instructors in the world. Nothing was mentioned here that isn’t more or less common knowledge.

Are you serious that US Navy SEAL instructors failed to teach him the common techniques mentioned here?! If so, that bursts my bubble. I was under the impression there were no better dive instructors in the world. Nothing was mentioned here that isn’t more or less common knowledge.
I think most people, including divers, have you never heard of anything other than Valsalva.

Are you serious that US Navy SEAL instructors failed to teach him the common techniques mentioned here?!

They did. It was at least an hour of classroom instruction with anatomical visual aids. Jason’s son is probably just young and couldn’t be bothered with listening and concentrating just like me when I was that age.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom