Discovered a flooded forest diving local lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This dive takes place in the neighboring town of Ishpeming, MI. Lake Angeline was drained and mined for iron which is found throughout Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I wasn't expecting the dark and cold water that we experienced. But the submerged forest was a real treat. LMK what you think of today's video and whether or not you'd like to see more like this.

Nice!!!

-Ken

Thanks! I wonder if it's just as dark on a sunny day.

Very nice video, thanks for sharing!!

DW

You're welcome, Dark Wolf. I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

I did. Reminds me of a few of the local sites, except your vis is prolly better!

DW

I did. Reminds me of a few of the local sites, except your vis is prolly better!

DW

Hard to believe that our viz is better here. I'm going to go back on a sunny day and hopefully find it even better yet. I'm fairly certain there will be ruins down there somewhere and hope to find something.

Ever been to Bonne Terre? I went pre GoPro so I need to get back there again. It would make a great video.

DD

Hard to believe that our viz is better here. I'm going to go back on a sunny day and hopefully find it even better yet. I'm fairly certain there will be ruins down there somewhere and hope to find something.

Ever been to Bonne Terre? I went pre GoPro so I need to get back there again. It would make a great video.

DD

I have not been to Bonne Terre. I haven't looked to see if they are still open, with the lawsuit I have read about.

Most of my diving this year has been at Table Rock Lake, Beaver Lake, and Stockton Lake. My last dive at Table Rock had very poor vis (6-8'), and got worse (down to about 4' or so) with depth due to the lake turning.

DW

I have not been to Bonne Terre. I haven't looked to see if they are still open, with the lawsuit I have read about.

Most of my diving this year has been at Table Rock Lake, Beaver Lake, and Stockton Lake. My last dive at Table Rock had very poor vis (6-8'), and got worse (down to about 4' or so) with depth due to the lake turning.

DW
I did not hear about a lawsuit but I did find an article <below> will be looking into that some more. It would be a shame to lose Bonne Terre because its such a unique dive location.
4" of viz does not make a for fun diving. I'll do that or less for our local water park installs, but for fun? Lake Superior is usually clearer than that if the weather permits.

Doe Run Co. files suit against Bonne Terre Mine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom