Scubapro mod. 129

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angelo Farina

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I found this left-handed second stage on the Scubapro Catalogue 1977:
http://www.angelofarina.it/Public/Scubapro/Scubapro-Catalogue-1977.pdf

Scubapro-129.jpg

So anyone have an hint to where could I purchase one (used)? It would be very useful in many cases (twin bottles, on a pony, for side-mounting, etc.). I already have five 109 and one 156, and all the parts are the same, so I would really like to get one of these 129...

My time machine is in the shop...:wink:

If anyone around here got ahold of one of those, I bet all they would do is post a picture and gloat.

I don't remember ever seeing one, even back in the day, and that would have been memorable. Of course I didn't start using an alternate until '81 or 2. Have you ever seen one, other than the catalog?

Bob

Once and awhile one shows up. Usually pricey....

I received one as part of a set purchased on ebay years ago. At the time had no idea it was uncommon and had no use for it, so sold it for cheap. If memory is correct it had orange exhaust cover.

I haven't seen one in person. A couple of years ago someone sold one here on SB and I have seen a couple on eBay. @Angelo Farina perhaps put in a "want to buy" in the regulator classified section.

@Angelo Farina
Found another left handed 109 as part of a set today. I think it will need rubber parts and overhaul, will have a better idea of condition when it arrives in a few days or so. You can have it at my cost if interested, I will update with photos and price when it arrives.

@Angelo FarinaYou can have it at my cost if interested, I will update with photos and price when it arrives.
I am fully interested! One of my 109 complete and with new part, but has a problem at the threaded interior where the orifice is screwed in, so the main body should be replaced for safety.
Getting a left handed 109 (that is a 129) in bad shape, to be refitted using all the good parts of my one, would be perfect!

Very good, I have replacement parts as needed (including used orange exhaust cover) but sounds like you have that covered already.
The as is cost for the second stage would be $35 plus shipping. Photos to come, and hope everything will be to your needs.

I had this in my saved list on E-bay. You just beat me to it! You got a MK7 and a nice manifold too!
@Angelo Farina
Found another left handed 109 as part of a set today. I think it will need rubber parts and overhaul, will have a better idea of condition when it arrives in a few days or so. You can have it at my cost if interested, I will update with photos and price when it arrives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom