Vance Harlow's OXYGEN HACKER'S COMPANION Site still live?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have you dealt with the margins of dealing with them? Would you switch your business there?

I sell a lot on eBay. Sigh. It’s not that bad. Their real problem is customer service and a 2005 website. They just don’t seem motivated. A pity.

I know many who used to, and no longer do. Too big of premiums...

It’s about 10% with Paypal fees. They’re already paying CC fees. No biggie. They would sell a lot more books.

I sell a lot on eBay. Sigh. It’s not that bad. Their real problem is customer service and a 2005 website. They just don’t seem motivated. A pity.
It's not bad at all, I prefer selling there to Amazon. I do marvel at how year after year their website if anything becomes less polished. Basic stuff is either missing or inconsistent. They started screwing with stuff to chase the low-GUI-bandwidth mobile craze, and have just not gotten back up to where they were 5 years ago, IMO. They seem to have established a workable and fairly transparent marketplace nonetheless. Their fees haven't changed much in several years, though it's a shame you still have to pay an extra 4% in payment processing fees. The real hit to margins has been the huge increase in shipping costs.

You have to pay the payment processing piper anyway. I agree that 4% is high but USPS is really killing me. Those rates are through the roof. OTOH, Airspeed sell books so they get the really cheap shipping rates.

You have to pay the payment processing piper anyway. I agree that 4% is high but USPS is really killing me. Those rates are through the roof. OTOH, Airspeed sell books so they get the really cheap shipping rates.

If I recall correctly, Airspeed Press shipped USPS Book Rate, which is still fairly reasonable and more likely to arrive than some similar services in the EU . . .

Well airspeed press called me today. Said they were still in business and selling books. They didn’t know what happened with my order but once it went to PayPal review he said it was just easier to refund the order. They didn’t sound overly technical. So I’ll be re-ordering as soon as the first PayPal order is fully closed out.

Well book finally arrived today!! Time to read and apply...

Time to stop that chain smoking, while mixing that gas . . .

Well book finally arrived today!! Time to read and apply...
lucky you are, mine still stuck somewhere...
November 27, 2019 at 8:12 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom