Making a steel dive computer - input needed!

Like it?

• Love it!

• Hate it!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fugly doesn’t even begin to describe it. Why?

damn the forum is a tough place to present an idea :eek:

The double bezel thing really bugs me for some reason. I think because it's so inefficient.

I measured the original image and a Teric image to get a rough calculation of usable display area / total face area. This is not including either of the protuberances.

Teric around 53% usable.
Proposed watch around 28% usable.

The proportions are weird too. Look at the lug width for a sense of scale. OP says around 65mm x 60mm. That's puck sized, so you won't be wearing it to impress girls at the bar. For example, a Suunto Zoop and Mares Puck are 60-61mm outside diameter while a big watch like the Garmin Descent is 51mm. Even the Teric is "only" 55mm.

I've figured it out. It's for clipping on the retractor.
makes sense.

i would rather it have solid lug bars so i could clip it off to one of those if i wasnt using the wrist strap......would make the design cleaner

I was kidding :)

Everybody knows retractor = death by entanglement

:troll:

All of my other thoughts have been covered in the deluge of posts, but On thing has been bothering me since I first saw this when I awoke and maybe I just missed it, but ...

The display STRIKINGLY resembles a (maybe-photoshopped) SW Teric. May I suggest you work on your own branding-art, even for such a focus-group setting?

Well spotted :) The display is under design as well, so this is a mockup. But then again, everything is being worked on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom