YS Converter C2 for MDX (Canon 7D Mk.2) - only left strobe is working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oyoroi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have being using the YS converter for some time now with no trouble but on my last dive the right strobe stop firing. I thought that the cable could be the cause but when I connected the same cable to the left hole the Irobe fire and when I have connected my right cable to the left hole the right strobe did not fire either. I thought that maybe some dirt got in the way but there is nothing in sight. Cleaned the hole anyway.
So the other thought was that the converter malfunctioned but, if I take it out of the housing and hold the optical cable directly to either right or left LED the strobe fire perfectly. So I've tried to hold the Light Guide Pipe in front of the LED and the optical cable on top of it while outside of the housing and again, the strobe fire.
The problem only occur when I put the converter back into the housing. Then the right one stops working.
Has anyone witnessed the same phenomenon and have some solution?
Thanks in advance,
Radek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom