Making a steel dive computer - input needed!

Like it?

• Love it!

• Hate it!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

get the buttons off the sides.... face mount them.
That sounds unlikely... Looks like the design is more a watch crown style.

That button sticking out of the side is an entanglement hazard. Everything needs to be flush with the case.

Rechargable battery is fine, but it needs to be interchangeable with a AA battery. AAs are cheap and easy to get anywhere and a necessary option if I can't/forget to recharge the battery overnight.

I would think having a rechargeable battery is ok as long as it is user replaceable, in other words the owner does not need to send it in for replacement. The computer you show on display with the crown sticking out is a no go. If I was designing a computer I would have piezo push buttons either on the face or on the top. Air integration?

In a market that is pulling around 7 to 1000 dollars for a good quality dive computer retail, it would be nice if the price point would be lower to capture market value.

Last but not least is customer service. Stand by your product and keep the end user informed during repair/warranty work and firmware updates.

Would be nice if the computer had Bluetooth capability and a computer interface to download dive logs and data or charge cord usb download/upload capability.

Good luck

Glenn

Hardware: Large numbers, graphic countdown of safety stop, customizable screens / data display, rechargeable battery,

Software: Easy download and integration with existing dive log apps, bluetooth connectivity to phone app, multiple algorithms, reminder to call significant other during solo dive trips,

That button is asking for trouble. Big lever means it will be easy to activate unintentionally and likely failure point (water ingress). If you are supposed to twist the crown to do something, that won't work in cold water when you are wearing a thick suit and gloves.

What's with all the inner steel lines? Your have a very low ratio of display space to total frontal area. Dive computers are tools, not fashion items.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom