Death of my Son, I need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't get to Scubaboard much anymore. This thread is one among many I missed. However, glad I found it. Skimming through it one learns a little about a lot of people. You're a good bunch. @Superlyte27 I don't have words, mate. Burying friends is hard, burying a kid must be a hundred times worse. For what it's worth, and not to get all West Coast and Buddhist on your arse, but I've found meditation is a lot better at making all this **** bearable compared to alternatives.

We're coming up on a year. It's been pretty crappy as we get closer.

I’ve got no answers, brother. No one really does. All I can do is tell you that I’m thinking of you and your family. Perhaps that’s all that we can do. Hopefully that gives some comfort.

I‘m dumb enough that the best I can come up with is:
„What they said!“
And
What ever you think, you are important! Take care! Cheers!

Anniversaries and holidays are the toughest. Time is a friend. It's been 25 years and there are still days that are tough, but there are more times now when the good memories are in the forefront.
The comments about closure are the most irritating, but typically made by well meaning people that have no clue. We simply learn how to cope and continue living. And we all do this differently.
Take care, and be there for each other.

I dive the AD in July to redeem myself for not tellling the woman I loved I loved her. I don’t know you but I get it

The holidays were pretty rough, but New Year's especially, starting another year without him. This isn't easy. I appreciate you guys, especially the mods, putting up with me.

Time...Those good memories you have will become your strength to deal with the bad moments that will hit you. Cherish those memories.

Back
Top Bottom