Equivalent to Scubapro MK17/S620ti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, I'm looking for the equivalent or better than a scubapro MK17/S620ti. Also if anyone has ordered this configration could they please advise how it was packaged!

Equivalent to a 17 is any other sealed first stage, like Apeks, Aqua lung, Zeagle etc the 620ti is a very compact and light second stage with added corrosion resistance from the titanium parts, Atomic also makes seconds with titanium internals, I don’t recall anyone else off the top of my head.

I don’t understand the packaging question.

Equivalent to a 17 is any other sealed first stage, like Apeks, Aqua lung, Zeagle etc the 620ti is a very compact and light second stage with added corrosion resistance from the titanium parts, Atomic also makes seconds with titanium internals, I don’t recall anyone else off the top of my head.

I don’t understand the packaging question.
So I ordered an mk17/S620ti when I picked it up and got home I realized that it was in a mk25/S620ti box, the serial on the box and 1st stage did no match and the book was not sealed and the cd was missing. According to scubapro south africa the mk17/s620ti do not come as a set they put it together for me which still did not explain the incorrect box. I asked for a refund as they seemed to think it was acceptable to sell something new package like it was second hand.

So I ordered an mk17/S620ti when I picked it up and got home I realized that it was in a mk25/S620ti box, the serial on the box and 1st stage did no match and the book was not sealed and the cd was missing. According to scubapro south africa the mk17/s620ti do not come as a set they put it together for me which still did not explain the incorrect box. I asked for a refund as they seemed to think it was acceptable to sell something new package like it was second hand.
That can happen a box Is just trash if you go to sell it in the future you won’t get a cent for the box.

Hi @martincmanuel

The MK17 EVO/S620 Ti set does not appear to be commonly offered in the US either, both are readily available as separates. The S620 TI generally comes with the MK25 EVO or the MK25T EVO. The MK17 EVO is generally paired with the A700 or the G260.

I would imagine that the wrong box is a result of a broken set issued in one of the boxes.

Mine came in a generic silver Scubapro cardboard box with some documentation inside. I don’t remember a CD.

Purchased in Germany a year ago, have not looked at the fine print on the box. The silver box the octo came in looked exactly the same.

I had the LDS test and set up the unit so it was an opened box of course.

SP don’t sell it as a set. Your dealer put it together for you. No big deal. I’ve never seen anyone ever open the CD. Moenie worrie nie. It’s a great setup.

I would not have returned the set you wanted. I guess you now have to find something you think will be equivalent, since you have blown off Scubapro. Best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom