condom caths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone tried adult diapers? I mean, that way you could poop,[
Issue with Depends is they can only absorb so much so fast. Just as bad as a cath coming off. If you can slow the flow it’s a good option.
As for #2. Never tried it.

Oh dear lord. You guys are seriously making me second guess going drysuit. Has anyone tried adult diapers? I mean, that way you could poop, too.

Ya, well no. Diapers were the old way. I once saw a hugely obese friend wandering around naked apart from a soggy diaper. He reminded me of a giant, disgusting baby. I swore I'd never go that route (although I did wear them during by brief career diving commercially.) Thankfully, he was heading to the head to change.

As for pooping during a dive.... I'm just not going there, but it seems like something that would be fraught with risk. :(

I just happened across it in New Topics. I’ve been, um, practicing with my She-P at home and the amount of glue needed would make you run screaming into the night. :D

If ever there was a reason to be thankful for being a dude, this is it.

I appreciate that this is a very old thread but I came here looking for help. I have no issues donning and using these things, but removing them... Good Lord. I once got sidetracked post-dive and didn't get around to undressing L'il Stooey until about 11 that night. It was not a pleasant experience.

I will be looking for some of that pre-sticking stuff as well as the removal fluid.

As an aside, I used to have Mrs. Stoo help me put the thing on, but we kept missing the dive boat... :rofl3:
One of the things I've found is when making multi day dives you need to make sure to wash your junk fully and be sure to remove all residue from the adhesive. Otherwise the cath can be really difficult to remove the next day.

I once saw a hugely obese friend wandering around naked.

Please tell me that was while diving.

Trim close is the most important thing to do to enhance your removal experience. Put the quick release part on the cath first making sure it’s on as far as it will go, pee early and pee often because if the glue is wet it won’t stick closed when the cold activates the retraction system where your “junk” decides to go inside to stay warm.

I find removal easy enough by just lifting the bottom away and slowly pulling up and away.

Oh dear lord. You guys are seriously making me second guess going drysuit. Has anyone tried adult diapers? I mean, that way you could poop, too.
It's not all that bad. However, I did get a defective condom catheter from CCDS once. The tip of it was not cut. That could have been a really bad day :wink: Once I got the right size catheters, the use of them became much easier. A lot like drysuits or wings, or fins, or lead, or masks.... heck, I guess everything in diving needs to be just right - maybe Goldilocks was the first diver.

To prevent the end from sticking to itself and closing while diving try pushing your tip in all the way and before unrolling the catch pinch your tip and stretch your junk out while unrolling the catch to make sure you have adhesive on the shaft just below the tip. Try to avoid getting the adhesive on your tip as due to increased sensitivity removal will be extremely more unpleasant from that area.

You really want Small Stainless Steel Bandage Scissors for removal:

upload_2019-12-4_7-31-20.png

Slip the blunt end of the scissors in the end of the condom and slit all the way up. Adhesive removal wipes are much more effective after the condom is opened up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom