Saumlaki

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know of land based dive operator in Saumlaki? Can anyone recommend a hotel? I can't seem to find a listing in Agoda/Trivago/etc.

Thanks

Is there anything to do there? I cannot seem to find any info on dive operators, sightseeing or even if there are any nice beaches there either.
I am considering taking a liveaboard from there so I wouldn't mind spending a couple of days in advance there on a beach...

Is there anything to do there? I cannot seem to find any info on dive operators, sightseeing or even if there are any nice beaches there either.
I am considering taking a liveaboard from there so I wouldn't mind spending a couple of days in advance there on a beach...
I flew in and hopped on the LOB the same day. Don’t think there’s much to do there.

I have been to Saumlaki twice, it's backwater town. Didn't hear about diving there.
I did stay overnight at Incla Hotel. It was OK, clean. WiFi was the usual slow for that part of the world. Free breakfast was enough to get to LOB. A/C was good, leaked once but got fixed right away.
There was another hotel just down the street on the seaside that someone from our trip stayed at but I forgot the name.
Get your money changed before you get to Saumlaki, rate was not very good at the bank there.
There was a cultural trip just out of town that someone else took but I didn't. I just walked around the market near the port.

What LOB did you take? Im considering the Indo Aggressor for next spring. Not sure how the diving will be in April but this region has been on my list.

Back
Top Bottom