TekDiveGirl / Kimber Hawkens Thurman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

November 28 2017 Kimber's school project

FINAL PROJECT – THIS IS MY STORY…
When people first encounter me, they just see a disabled girl in a wheelchair, and typically things go no further; however, I am so much more. I have had many ups and downs; I’ve celebrated triumphs and suffered tragedies. I have had brain surgery, woken up to a dead husband in my bed, broken many bones including my L1 vertebrae. I’ve suffered a stroke that put me in a coma and caused a severe brain injury which resulted in a year in the hospital, having to relearn how to do even the basics like walking and dressing myself. Somehow, I have been able to keep pushing forward despite the obstacles that were laid in my path. I’ve accomplished things that nobody ever dreamed would be possible – myself included. I surf, ski, returned to college where I earned my AA and transferred to CSUSM where I am working on my degree in Psychological Sciences. I’m not only surviving, I’m thriving!! This is my story…

If You're Going Thru Hell Keep Going ...
https://tekdivegirl.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/ifyouregoingthruhellkeepgoing.pdf

Thinking about you, Don, and how it is to be a memory keeper. Thanks for keeping Kimber in our thoughts, and take care of yourself, she’d want that.

Reactions: D_B
Kimber's spot ..
Kimbers circle.jpg

there was one tiny 1/4" flower dead center ...
Kimbers circle of stones  ashes.jpg

Kimber's mortero/grinding rock, it's tucked back and away from everything

88015422_3395979540418255_5744446332366487552_n.jpg

I had two utterly spontaneous conversations with Kimber ...

we could have come here (where I camped) and gone exploring in your powerchair, you know that I could get you unstuck, and besides, I could always go back and get my truck and pull you out like a stuck vehicle .. I know she would have laughed at this, and that thought made me laugh out loud :)

*seeing a jackrabbit in the road*
look ! .. did you see the horns? .. it's a jackalope ... no, really :wink:

:jump:

It's been a year today that you are gone from my life, but not from my heart :heart:
What adventures we had! The memories I have, the stories I can (and do) tell , I am SO lucky to have had you in my life Sweetie You made my life better , and not just mine, but for all those that knew you.
My purpose was to make your life better, to do whatever I could to help you with the incredible goals you had, the things you achieved, and to be the wings that allowed you to express your adventurous self :jump:

There has not been a day go by that I don't say outloud how I miss you so :(

IMG_5010.PNG

Don,

Love memories you post of Kimber. Memory keeper for Kimber!

I posted the above meme in wrong thread, that was suppose to go in MoF thread. At least, Inknow with her sense of humor, Kimber would have laughed at the meme.

My latest Kimber Story:

I was talking to Kylia today and she was telling me the story of what was happening with Kimber's two power chairs, they were still in storage while she was looking for a good home for them ... her friend from her old church said they had a family that would be in need of them, their two children have a disease that will progressively worsen as they get older, the daughter is 18 and will need a chair very soon and the son needs one now.
While the friend is making arrangements Kylia's name is mentioned and the mother asks did she have a mom named Kimber?
Yes! ... mother says she was Kimber's nurse while she was in rehab at Scripps ! :eek:
What a chain ... son that needs chair decides to go to new church to try .. at this church meets Kylia's friend , they talk about chair, turns out that mother knows Kylia and Kimber

I cried thinking how happy Kimber would be to be giving back to someone that she was grateful to for helping her
She would be so happy to know that she is still helping others :heart: :jump:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom