Best Wetsuit Boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a pair of Altama Maritime Assault Boots recently on eBay and they are available in EEE. These shoes are similar to Converse Chucks except they are actually designed for diving. The low profile allows them to slide into your existing fins. I will be diving them for the first time next week.

Altama Maritime Assault - Mid

^^^ trying this myself for a travel trip as regular shoe and dive boot to save weight.

With the "Altama Maritime Assault - Mid", what socks or booties would I wear inside them which would provide warmth? Would that make me need a bigger size boot?

I am sorry to say they are probably not for you. I wear a size 9 and am on the wider side but not 4E. I ordered and just received a pair of 10s that I was intending to use with my Fusion Drysuit with thick under-socks. The 10s are uncomfortably narrow for just my size-9 socked foot and are too-long. No way could I get them on with the DS and thick under-socks. The sizing is probably nominally correct, but narrow.

It is a shame, nice boot and a killer price. I am very bummed that I am going to have to find something else.

I am in the same boat. Looking for something thats not a super thick rock boot that fits my size 9 foot over neoprene boots on new drysuit. Rock boots that came with drysuit (size 10) seem to be 1.5-2" too long.... Haven't had a lot of luck yet. Will be keeping an eye on this.

I bought a pair of Altama Maritime Assault Boots recently on eBay and they are available in EEE. These shoes are similar to Converse Chucks except they are actually designed for diving. The low profile allows them to slide into your existing fins. I will be diving them for the first time next week.

Altama Maritime Assault - Mid

These could be an option - how do you find they are sized?

Hi
Just go to your local supermarket and get nobrand-converse style canvas shoes and just used any pair of shock you were about to put in the garbage

These could be an option - how do you find they are sized?

They appear to run true to size from my personal experience, but I recommend doing a search to glean more information on sizing. The insert can be easily removed and replaced. Removing the insert provides the additional space inside the boot required for my drysuit.

With the "Altama Maritime Assault - Mid", what socks or booties would I wear inside them which would provide warmth? Would that make me need a bigger size boot?

I plan on using my neoprene full foot fin booties for cooler water temperatures and moisture wicking socks for warm water. I purposely purchased oversized boots for interchangeable usage, but mostly for my drysuit. The removable insert is extremely helpful.

^^^ trying this myself for a travel trip as regular shoe and dive boot to save weight.

@Jcp2 and @Soloist please post a gear review on the Altama Maritime Assault boots after your trip.

I'm considering them for the same reason; that is as dual role dive boot and regular travel shoe.
I've already ordered one pair and had to return them because the sizing wasn't right.
I hope you have better luck.

K.

@Jcp2 and @Soloist please post a gear review on the Altama Maritime Assault boots after your trip.

I'm considering them for the same reason; that is as dual role dive boot and regular travel shoe.
I've already ordered one pair and had to return them because the sizing wasn't right.
I hope you have better luck.

K.
I also bought the Altama’s. Really cool looking shoe. I tried them on to see if they fit with just regular cotton socks, and kept them on for another 2 hours because they were so comfortable. Haven’t used them for diving yet tho.

Attachments

• 5DEE9B06-B9E6-4B41-8142-305B619072DF.jpeg
    5DEE9B06-B9E6-4B41-8142-305B619072DF.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 58
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom