Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bpatrol55

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are a family of 4, just certified OW with SDi. Heading to Cancun in mid December and plan to dive 4 to 5 days. Staying in the hotel zone at the new Royalton Suites. Any advice on which guides to use and where to go? Cenotes and Cozumel for a day looks good for sure.

Any reason you're staying in Cancun if you plan to dive Cozumel and cenotes? Cozumel is gonna be a 1 hour drive to Playa, then a 45-50 minute ferry ride. Diveable cenotes are a 90+ minute drive from Cancun.

We plan to dive locally in cancun also. Did a package deal on flights and hotel.

I will be down there next week and will again be diving with Scorpio divers. Small outfit and small groups so no cattle boat. Last time I dove the Taj Mahal cenote and it was beautiful, also did the local reefs and the Kittywake and had a great time. The ride to the cenote from the hotel zone wasn't too bad. I also did a day trip to Cozumel to get in a few dives and was back by early afternoon. There is also options to go from Cancun to the Cozumel dive sites via a dive boat and forgo the drive and ferry all together.

If you go diving in Cancun check out the underwater museum. It’s a nice dive to do.

For Cenotes, look at Cenote Xperience out of Playa. Hands down one of the best dive ops I've ever dove with. Depending on the time of year, Choc Mool is one of the most beautiful dives I have ever done.

For Cozumel, we like to dive with Aldora. ( 2-3 times a year for the last 5 years) With 4 divers, it will be just as cheap to charter your own boat so you can leave when you get off the ferry. Otherwise, their "normal" dive trips leave the downtown pier at 7:30. I believe there is a 6 am ferry from Playa.... it that would be a early day to make it.

Safe travels,
Jay

We are a family of 4, just certified OW with SDi. Heading to Cancun in mid December and plan to dive 4 to 5 days. Staying in the hotel zone at the new Royalton Suites. Any advice on which guides to use and where to go? Cenotes and Cozumel for a day looks good for sure.
I will be down there next week and will again be diving with Scorpio divers. Small outfit and small groups so no cattle boat. Last time I dove the Taj Mahal cenote and it was beautiful, also did the local reefs and the Kittywake and had a great time. The ride to the cenote from the hotel zone wasn't too bad. I also did a day trip to Cozumel to get in a few dives and was back by early afternoon. There is also options to go from Cancun to the Cozumel dive sites via a dive boat and forgo the drive and ferry all together.

the Kittywake is off of Grand Cayman?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom