Sudden Shearwater Perdix AI malfunction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The weak point of most UW devices is the user-accessible seals and o-rings. Use these as infrequently as possible, be very careful unscrewing / resealing, and gently clean and lubricate the o-ring every time you change the battery.

To make you sure you do this is rarely as possible don't use regular Alkaline AA batteries!!!!!! These are awful and will leak and ruin any device if left in the device too long. How many Remotes, Flashlights, Toys, etc have we all had damaged by leaking alkaline batteries? Shearwater warns about using alkalines for this reason.

Alkaline AA's also have the worst lifespan (30 hours) in a Shearwater dive computers. Best choice is:
  • Photo Lithium 1.5v AA (non-rechargable) @ $12 for 8 count (55 hours)
  • SAFT Lithium 3.6v AA (non-rechargable) @ $5 each (90 hours)
Neither of these will leak in your computer and both are 2-3 times the lifespan which means less opening & closing.

What type of batteries can I use in the Perdix? - Shearwater Research

Now I just need to figure out how to restore my dives to the new dive computer. So that my next dive is registered as #66 not #1.

In fact, I need to figure out how to amend those 65 dives to start at 200, because that's how many dives I had prior to acquiring the perdix ai.

Then I'll need to pair it with my transmitter.
You cant upload dives from smartphone/computer to the Perdix AI.
I wouldn't worry about the dives not being on the Perdix AI. Just set the next dive log number at what you want and carry on from there.

Another recommendation if you like.
Although I do use Shearwater cloud, I only upload my dives and that's about it.

I use Subsurface as my primary cloud based dive log app. I can upload directly to the app on my Samsung smartphone (or to my PC), directly from the Perdix AI.
Subsurface is far more flexible:
- You will be able to easily renumber dives.
- Manually add dives
- You can merge multiple dives as one dive. Useful in the event that a dive is interrupted with an unforeseen surface interval that lasts a bit longer than your Perdix interval timeout setting and you safely resume diving. You can split apart again, any time, if you want.
Subsurface is just better overall. I will admit, Shearwater cloud is improving.

I download to both apps...redundancy :)

Uploading of dives to Shearwater devices is not currently supported, download only. You can only set the next dive number, which @FreeFlyFreak already provided the steps to accomplish.

Best choice is:
  • Photo Lithium 1.5v AA (non-rechargable) @ $12 for 8 count (55 hours)
  • SAFT Lithium 3.6v AA (non-rechargable) @ $5 each (90 hours)
However the SAFT one are incompatible with the new “Fuel Gauge” feature so only three levels are given: Full, Low (Yellow) and Critical (Red).

Would you have any comment about this ? Is it an "issue" or just a "detail" ?

However the SAFT one are incompatible with the new “Fuel Gauge” feature so only three levels are given: Full, Low (Yellow) and Critical (Red).

Would you have any comment about this ? Is it an "issue" or just a "detail" ?

Use the option with the best mix of features and cost for you. I mostly use rechargable Lithium cell myself as I like the idea of avoiding waste.

Yes I have a shearwater.
I posted the menu sequence to edit the starting number of your first dive on the new computer. Perhaps that wasn't clear. But it is the part of your post that I quoted and was therefore answering.

Turn computer on
A few left presses gives Dive Log
1 right button press to enter dive log
1 left button press
You are now at "Next Log"
Edit is right button
Then left and right buttons to change to the number you want to start recording at.

But apparently you already figured that out now.

Oh, and skip the attitude next time and someone might help you with the rest.

Sorry. Was rather snarky there. My apologies.

You cant upload dives from smartphone/computer to the Perdix AI.
I wouldn't worry about the dives not being on the Perdix AI. Just set the next dive log number at what you want and carry on from there.

Another recommendation if you like.
Although I do use Shearwater cloud, I only upload my dives and that's about it.

I use Subsurface as my primary cloud based dive log app. I can upload directly to the app on my Samsung smartphone (or to my PC), directly from the Perdix AI.
Subsurface is far more flexible:
- You will be able to easily renumber dives.
- Manually add dives
- You can merge multiple dives as one dive. Useful in the event that a dive is interrupted with an unforeseen surface interval that lasts a bit longer than your Perdix interval timeout setting and you safely resume diving. You can split apart again, any time, if you want.
Subsurface is just better overall. I will admit, Shearwater cloud is improving.

I download to both apps...redundancy :)

Thanks.
This looks very useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom