Atomic regulator hose recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And, apparently, it's only hoses with their swivel on them.

Atomic Aquatics QUALITY ALERT AT.01.06.0022

We have two B2 regulator assemblies that are in the list. One has the hard stamp D0918 and the other has the soft stamp AA119. The D0918 was assembled by Danicorp which is in the process of ceasing operations but I don't know the origin of the one stamped AA119.

Today I handed ours over to our local dive shop in Dallas, TX that sells Atomic equipment. Does anyone have any experience with the recall yet to give us some idea of what kind of turn-around we can expect? We have a long international LOB trip scheduled departing January 3, 2020 and I'm concerned that we won't have our regs back in time for the trip.

I just brought my safe second hose in.

Multiple years are impacted. Atomic Aquatics low-pressure hose with the date stamps D0717, D0817, D0917, D1017, D1117, D1217, D0118, D0218, D0318, D0418, D0518, D0718, D0918, D1018, D1118, AA119, or AA219. The hose has to be quarantined and replaced as soon as possible. The notice applies to all Atomic Aquatics low-pressure hoses with the affected date stamps, whether purchased separately or as part of a regulator and/or safe-second.

Atomic Aquatics QUALITY ALERT AT.01.06.0022

We have two B2 regulator assemblies that are in the list. One has the hard stamp D0918 and the other has the soft stamp AA119. The D0918 was assembled by Danicorp which is in the process of ceasing operations but I don't know the origin of the one stamped AA119.

Today I handed ours over to our local dive shop in Dallas, TX that sells Atomic equipment. Does anyone have any experience with the recall yet to give us some idea of what kind of turn-around we can expect? We have a long international LOB trip scheduled departing January 3, 2020 and I'm concerned that we won't have our regs back in time for the trip.

We don't know yet though I just brought in my second which was impacted. I leave for a trip to Australia December 18, so hope to have it back by then. My diveshop says these can turn around quickly, though he did put a new loaner hose on the regulator just in case it took longer.

Note that the two links in the thread are NOT the same link. The first notice from August was just for select swivel hoses.
The new link from November includes the swivel hoses and adds non-swivel hoses for an extended period, so be sure to review that info.

This really sounds like it is the already known and discussed Danicorp hose problem. If that is the case, then it seems Atomic is a bit late to the party on issuing their recall.

Atomic says that three incidents of LP hose crimp failures have been brought to their attention. That means that at least three pairs of divers have potentially executed the out of air drill for real or perhaps did an emergency ascent. Basic skills: practice, practice, practice, for one day, one of those skills WILL save your life or the life of your buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom