Backscatter strobe and snoot package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm interested to hear how it works out. If the reviews are good I may have to pick one up for "nudi season".

Placed my order the other day. Will post my thoughts after it arrives mid December.

Looking forward to the reviews with the TG6. Currently I use two Big Blue VL 4200P video lights.

Placed my order the other day. Will post my thoughts after it arrives mid December.
My mini arrived yesterday. Pulled it out of the packaging last night and am charging up the batteries. Looks very nicely built. More to come.

My mini arrived yesterday. Pulled it out of the packaging last night and am charging up the batteries. Looks very nicely built. More to come.
Mine scheduled for Wednesday delivery

After figuring out how to turn it on (pro tip- when they say quick presses, they mean really quick presses), everything hooked up and fired correctly. Hoping for a weather window this week to get out. Temperatures are dropping up here in Maine which makes it hard for me to motivate myself to go out. 2 weeks and I will be in the Bahamas on Blackbeard’s so it will get a solid workout then. Good luck with yours. Keep me in the loop.

Mine is here and working fine (but I wonder what kind of engineer decided that 5 button pushes were a good idea to turn it on and then another 5 to turn it off). I have tested it against the Kraken LED 3000 in strobe mode and against an Inon S2000. It looks to be about a stop or a little more less power than the S2000 and about a stop and a half brighter (at 5) than the Kraken.
Cheers
Bill

Mine is here and working fine (but I wonder what kind of engineer decided that 5 button pushes were a good idea to turn it on and then another 5 to turn it off). I have tested it against the Kraken LED 3000 in strobe mode and against an Inon S2000. It looks to be about a stop or a little more less power than the S2000 and about a stop and a half brighter (at 5) than the Kraken.
Cheers
Bill
Bill, I agree. I actually thought I had a defective unit until I realized that 3 seconds really meant 2 seconds.... Not the most elegant solution, but none the less, it seems well built. Very good to hear about the comparison with the Kraken and the S2000. Thanks for the feedback.

R/
Glenn

Pkg just came today. Looks like wx will be bad for at least a week

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom