New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he probably had some sort of minority ownership in the company. He was listed as one of their instructors so they're probably just throwing a wide net.
Is it the Midas touch in reverse, then: everything Sotis touches turns to poop?

I was a free lance KISS instructor for Add Helium. I had no financial interest in the business itself. Peter and Add Helium do owe me money from a personal loan, however. Unfortunately, not money I ever expect to collect.

I supposed I am listed as Add Helium owes me money.
You seem to be in good company, you, UPS, PayPal, etc. I’m guessing Peter didn’t consider it a personal loan and intends to discharge it in Bankruptcy.

I supposed I am listed as Add Helium owes me money.
Indeed, that is what that is. You are part of the list of liabilities, in other words who they owe.

Sadly collecting is pretty rare in these cases, hope it is not a huge amount

It was several years ago, before the Rob Stewart tragedy or any of the Libya mess. Peter was always a good friend to me and I helped Add Helium as a KISS instructor if they had customers who wanted to purchase a KISS from them. I loaned Add Helium some money and they made all of the interest payments but they defaulted on the balloon payment of the loan when they closed up shop. With the Feds involved, they get precedence so I doubt I'll see the rest of the money. However, from a business standpoint, I felt I had to file suit against them. Don't feel bad for me -- the amount of money involved won't make or break me. I was just trying to help out a friend.

I know Peter has generated very strong feelings from some people here and elsewhere on Social Media which I try to stay out of. He was always a good friend to me. I feel sad for everyone involved. We have all made bad decisions at some point in our lives. Thankfully, they don't usually have lifelong consequences. Unfortunately, it looks like Peter made some he may not recover from.

he probably had some sort of minority ownership in the company. He was listed as one of their instructors so they're probably just throwing a wide net.

The Robotka lawsuit was initiated ~3 years ago.

At that time the ownership was 80/20 - Sotis, Robotka.

I doubt, given the lawsuit, that Ebersole would have become a member in any of the LLC given this action. More likely, he is a creditor of one of the entities. Subsequent BK filings should flesh out this question. My guess, DS paid for goods not delivered from a Kaizen entity - hence he is a creditor.

Good people, very good people - Ebersole - sometimes get drug into unpleasant actions.

Robotka's allegations, taken at face value, have parallels to the federal indictment.

Robotka v Kaizen, et al - 161222 CACE 16-023011 DIV21

Three LLCs, see 3,4,5 of complaint
  1. Kaizen Int Solutions, LLC - FL
  2. Add Helium, LLC - DE, wholly-owned sub of Kaizen
  3. Oncourse, LLC - DE, wholly-owner sub of Kaizen
Ownership of Kaizen, AH, Oncourse see 10,11,12
  1. Sotis is the managing member of Kaizen, 80%
  2. Robotka is minority shareholder, 20% (the term "shareholder" is used loosely in the complaint)
  3. Kaizen is the sole owner of Add Helium and Oncourse
Storage Unit Ownership, see 16
  1. "Kaizen, and/or its subsidiaries own a storage unit located at 2290 NW 19th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, Unit, 006."
K, AH, OC own/operate other entities, see 13
  1. Rebreather World, LLC
  2. TruDive
  3. Add Helium Training
  4. Add Helium Travel
2016 Kaizen Rebreather and diver propulsion order - LIbya customer. See 21-31
  1. #28. "Also unbeknowst to Robotka, Sotis was aware that the Libyan customer was a known militant in the region."

Attachments

• Robotka v Kaizen et al Complaint 161222.PDF
    5.5 MB · Views: 233
The Robotka lawsuit was initiated ~3 years ago.

At that time the ownership was 80/20 - Sotis, Robotka.

I doubt, given the lawsuit, that Ebersole would have become a member in any of the LLC given this action. More likely, he is a creditor of one of the entities. Subsequent BK filings should flesh out this question. My guess, DS paid for goods not delivered from a Kaizen entity - hence he is a creditor.

Good people, very good people - Ebersole - sometimes get drug into unpleasant actions.

Robotka's allegations, taken at face value, have parallels to the federal indictment.

Robotka v Kaizen, et al - 161222 CACE 16-023011 DIV21

Three LLCs, see 3,4,5 of complaint
  1. Kaizen Int Solutions, LLC - FL
  2. Add Helium, LLC - DE, wholly-owned sub of Kaizen
  3. Oncourse, LLC - DE, wholly-owner sub of Kaizen
Ownership of Kaizen, AH, Oncourse see 10,11,12
  1. Sotis is the managing member of Kaizen, 80%
  2. Robotka is minority shareholder, 20% (the term "shareholder" is used loosely in the complaint)
  3. Kaizen is the sole owner of Add Helium and Oncourse
Storage Unit Ownership, see 16
  1. "Kaizen, and/or its subsidiaries own a storage unit located at 2290 NW 19th Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311, Unit, 006."
K, AH, OC own/operate other entities, see 13
  1. Rebreather World, LLC
  2. TruDive
  3. Add Helium Training
  4. Add Helium Travel
2016 Kaizen Rebreather and diver propulsion order - LIbya customer. See 21-31
  1. #28. "Also unbeknowst to Robotka, Sotis was aware that the Libyan customer was a known militant in the region."
answered in post above yours.

I was a free lance KISS instructor for Add Helium. I had no financial interest in the business itself. Peter and Add Helium do owe me money from a personal loan, however. Unfortunately, not money I ever expect to collect.
Thanks for explaining that. It didn’t add up in my mind that you were involved in this skulduggery. Hoping that you are not dragged down by events.

Back
Top Bottom