Hello all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danny Lucido

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What's up. Name is Danny. Newly certified open water diver. Only have 6 dives under my belt before the northeast weather changed. Looking forward to the spring to dive more. Any divers in the central NJ area hit me up.

Welcome to the underwater world.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....enjoy the ocean blue.

Welcome! Any chance you will be able to escape the NE weather for a bit and go someplace warm to dive?

Welcome to SB. I find it tiresome diving wet over winter here, but we are right close to the shore. Let me know if you ever come across a good NJ shore site as I'm in the NYC area each summer--have done Allenhurst, MaClearie, Manasquan.

Psst...

It's awesome down here. Enjoy the amazing traveling,the endless gadgets, the lying to your S.O. about how much money you are spending, and taking them to only diving location vacations and then abandoning them of they don't dive.

God, I love scuba.

Not this year. But hopefully in the future

If budget is the issue, in the future - after you have more dive experience - take a look at Blackbeard's Liveaboard cruises in the Bahamas, see link below. The reason I suggest waiting until you've done more dives is because most of their dives are unguided - but you probably won't have any trouble finding a dive buddy onboard.

It is definitely a "no frills camping at sea" venue, but it's a nice option for a new diver hoping to experience tropical diving at a low price. It's also a good option if you are traveling solo because there is no "single supplement" fee. You will usually see sharks in the Bahamas although the water is a bit chilly in the winter and spring IMO. You can also arrange to do your AOW certification on BB, if that is of interest.

But if you can manage the time off and afford a higher-priced venue, then there are lots of available options when you are ready to start traveling. Welcome!

Blackbeard's Cruises Official Website - Bahamas Dive Liveaboards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom