Help needed with Boot Replacment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary Shepard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have purchased an older Whites commercial bi laminated suit. the suit itself is in great shape. I have replaced the neck and wrist seals with Si-Tech system and added dry gloves.

The problem
The suit fits well except the legs, they are long. It had rubber coated neoprene boots that were too big and were severely creased from being folded. I removed the boots and when I did the leg of the suit is about an inch above my foot. I ordered 5mm neoprene socks to put back in. I thought I would glue the sock in the leg so the length would fit and the leg of the suit would drape down or cut the sock shorter.

But the leg part of the sock is small than the diameter of the suit leg. If I pull the sock down till it fits the leg I'm back to being 6 inches too long.

I hope to save money and take care of this myself. I could use some help if anyone has an idea.

Contact Dive Right in Scuba. They can sell you the stuff to make the repairs yourself and tell you how to do it. Or send the suit to them and they can do it.

I 2nd dris they will be doing my suit in the next few weeks , as there is no one here in Ontario I would trust

Thanks guys. I did contact DRIS as that's where the socks came from. After talking to them I split the back of the neoprene socks and added a wedge piece in. Once mods were done and cured I installed them with little trouble.

Back
Top Bottom