Halcyon Eclipse worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving one since my OW class 12 years ago, and love it. I have a Cinch system laying someplace in a closet though, not worth it for me.

not at full retail MSRP. many other manufacturers making gear significantly cheaper that works well also. but if you want to pay extra for the brand go ahead. i own two halcyon wings only because i got one used off this board and one as a store display/open box discount from a LDS.

I really like my halycon with cinch really easy going from 3mil to drysuit makes donning and doffing a breeze but I hot it used (2 dives on it day it was bought and forced to sell when wife found out) for 500 so kinda a no brainer.

I really like my halycon with cinch really easy going from 3mil to drysuit makes donning and doffing a breeze but I hot it used (2 dives on it day it was bought and forced to sell when wife found out) for 500 so kinda a no brainer.
Ouch! Schoolboy error, leaving a receipt for diving gear laying about. :shakehead:

:rofl3:

Take a look at the Sub Gravity single tank system. They have a lot of options, so you can customize it to your needs. Their adjustable harness is just webbing with 2 stainless steel buckles (no weak buckles) that will make it easier to get in & out of with your shoulders and It's cheaper. Paragon Single Tank Package - Subgravity

I don’t know what your range of motion is, but a lot of divers wear their harness too tight, which makes it harder to don.

You can loosen up the shoulder straps more than you might think to make it easier to don. Then, tighten up the crotch strap to snug things up again. Just have to watch how it affects trim.

You could also create a cardinal sin by installing a shoulder buckle. Even if it fails, it’s not like the thing is going to jump off your other shoulder. I frequently put my shoulder thru one strap to carry the rig to the car. If I can do that, I know I could swim with it in the water where it’s even lighter.

As far as the Halcyon goes, I have four so I can’t make an impartial recommendation...

I am sure Halcyon makes fine gear, but I wont pay what they want for it.

I also have some shoulder issues. There are other ways to get around it. My first harness was DR deluxe with quick release. Never had any issues with the quick release, aside from not really liking where the buckle was located. My current harness is the DR deluxe, and I cut the webbing and installed buckles closer to the waist band.

DW

Thinking of the Halycon with the 18kg (40lb) wing.
I don't know why they even offer a 40lb wing as an option for single tank diving. Why would anybody need that amount of lift?

I use a 40lb wing with my rebreather and up to 3 bailout cylinders. A 30lb wing would be more than enough for single cylinder OC diving.

I don't know why they even offer a 40lb wing as an option for single tank diving. Why would anybody need that amount of lift?

I use a 40lb wing with my rebreather and up to 3 bailout cylinders. A 30lb wing would be more than enough for single cylinder OC diving.

I use the Halcyon 40lb singles wing. Drysuit, heavy thermals, steel tank, lots of weight. I need 29lbs drysuit single tank even with a steel HP80. It is what it is. I’m naturally very buoyant. The twin life preservers don’t help. Really if someone needs a lot of weight and is NOT overweighted, it’s really none of your concern.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom