First dive trip to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heading to Coz on Dec 7th for my first trip there... Very excited for this trip I have been wondering what type of sea life can I expect to see what should I be on the look out for. Any places that are a must see of food that's a must have ?
I will be in Cozumel December 7th to 14th, the diving is amazing. I highly recommend Guido's for one of your meals.

I stay away from the water and go inland to the residential neighborhoods and rent a scooter to get back and forth to the marina. I find the food over there much cheaper and tasty. Less Americanized.

Once there, I don't think any of us actually ever leave Coz.

After getting my eyes fixed, I like to look closely at the anemones for tiny banded shrimp and porcelain crabs hiding.

Where will you stay and how will you get around? Those issues factor into recommendations for places to go
We are staying at suites Bahia and taxi and walking is probably the mode of transportation

Get the ferry to mainland and do some dives in the Cenotes... that's a unique experience that you can do only in few places around the world (of that level).

Absolutely. Its an easy jump to Tulum on the ADO or collectivo buses. if the weather picks up and the port closes in Coz, make a bee line for Tulum and the cenotes. The Pit and Angelita are like diving in a horror movie. Freaking AWESOME!!!!!!

Definitely take the ferry to the mainland and do a cenote dive or two. Check out CenoteXperience and schedule some dives with them. Martin is an excellent guide and just an all around nice guy. CenoteXperience - Cavern, Cave and Ocean Diving in Playa del Carmen Yucatan Mexico - Home And while you're on the mainland, walk around in Playa del Carmen and make sure you get some street tacos.

And try to do at least one twilight dive while you're there. I'd almost be willing to bet you'll do more than after the first one. Lots to see at Paradise Reef once the sun sets.

Also, if you can get to it at this point, try to schedule a dive on the C-53 Felipe Xicotencatl wreck.

We are staying at suites Bahia and taxi and walking is probably the mode of transportation
I have stayed at Suites Bahia quite a few times. I am not a big foodie but I do like to eat. The majority of the places mentioned on here are a short walk from your hotel. Don't rule out Wet Wendy's right in front of your hotel, ask for blackened fish tacos.

Fajitas at nearby Casa Cozumil were good. Octopus linguini at Kondesa also. Some like Lobster Shack and that’s close - when I was there they only took cash and the hot dipping sauce was very hot. I had lobster burritos. You won’t need a taxi for any of that.

Get the ferry to mainland and do some dives in the Cenotes... that's a unique experience that you can do only in few places around the world (of that level).
I will try to do that if for some reason the port is close to dive boats.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom