Easy Access Schedule Puerto Galera Ferry Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
schedulepuerto.jpg

That is a useful chart. Thanks. In Puerto Galera now.

On the way here, we took the bus from Manila, and in our logistics search, found this site from PG Yacht Club that also has which pier the various ferries are using. Because the Muelle Pier is much closer to where we are staying (Sabang area dive resort), we wanted to make sure we were timing our Batangas arrival for correct ferry.

Here is the link:

Ferry Schedules To Puerto Galera From Batangas Vice Versa

I made a chart for both directions from their source data with Muelle Pier highlighted in yellow, but will only post it to this thread if there is interest.

Sure wish the weather was better...lol. Been mostly cloudy and/or rainy the last five days, as Tropical Storm Ramon has been brewing to our eastward side. Diving has been good, though. Good viz and soft and hard corals in good shape. Not many big critters, but lots of variety in smaller species. Will post trip report soon.

Johncn

Very helpful! I'll be in Puerto Galera next month and I wondered if there had been any improvement. Last time I was there in March it was a complete cluster!

The OP did all a great service, as the data was simply not available in accurate form even a few months after the change. The original schedules I got six months ago when we started planning were essentially useless, and did not match reality. ;-)

Here is some more info from lobby of our hotel yesterday morning, and the the data from the link put into spreadsheet form. In the first one, the far right column is glared out, but says "Puerto Galera Departure". In the second and third ones, the yellow highlighted cells are Muelle Pier, which is much closer to Sabang than Balatero.

The OP's information is accurate and great to have, and probably easier to read. I just know that when we were on our way last week, we also wanted to know the destination pier, and found the information easier for us digest by making the spreadsheet. The lobby sign is also broken down by port....but all the sources seem to match.

We used the Genesis boats both directions and everything was fine...they were clean, there were assigned seats just before boarding, the CRs were tolerable, snacks were sold, and we got treated to a Bollywood movie on the way there, and a Thai film on the way back. Oddly enough, BOTH were themed around high stakes test cheating. Go figure.

pg_ferry_schedule-1.jpg

ferry_batangas_to_pg-sm.jpg

ferry_pg_to_batangas-sm.jpg

Things are starting to improve with the steady ferry service. I was in Batangas Port for just 2 hours recently and 4 boats traveled to Puerto Galera in that time. There are also 4 private boats that are operational going direct to the resorts as well.

Good to know, Scandi Divers. We will be back to PG in February.

One question, though....our hotel told us that the only ATM in Sabang had been closed permanently the week we were there (about a week and a half ago). Is there any truth to that rumor? We did not need it, but could have...would be good to know for next trip. ;-)

Thanks,

Johncn

Good to know, Scandi Divers. We will be back to PG in February. One question, though....our hotel told us that the only ATM in Sabang had been closed permanently the week we were there (about a week and a half ago). Is there any truth to that rumor? We did not need it, but could have...would be good to know for next trip. ;-)....

John if you're talking about the ATM across the street from Jack Daniels Apartments at Maxbank, I wouldn't depend on that one. I've tried it a few different times over the years and it's never worked. I've always had to take a trike from Sabang over to Puerto Galera Town to find an ATM that would actually give me cash :)

I'm always hoping that they will put an ATM in Sabang that will actually accept one of my cards and give me money :) Maybe there is a new one since I was there six 1/2 months ago?

When I went there last May, I tried several ATMs in Puerto Galera town and none of them let me withdraw money with both Visa and MasterCard.

I finally found out that an ATM was available at Big Apple Dive Resort in Sabang, and I could withdraw some cash with my MasterCard.

So, there is at least one available and working ATM in Sabang.

Back
Top Bottom