Nassau Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also going to be on Nassau in January and was hoping for some advice. Lost Blue Hole looks interesting, but Runway Wall seems to get more attention. If I can only visit one site, is there any destination I should prioritize? I'm more interested in wildlife than in wrecks.

Also, I will be staying on Paradise Island, so I will need to get to wherever I'm going...

From PI Bahamas Divers is closest being just across the bridge. Stuarts Cove is on the other side of the island but their boat does come up this side but not sure about if/where they pick up by boat but there bus does do pickups from this side of the island and drive you all the way back to them.

If by Runway wall you mean shark arena, it can be a god dive if you like sharks , the wall itself is nice as well however it is literally opposite the blue hole across the island of New Providence. Bahama Divers have a lot of shallow reefs as well as shallow wrecks here but i havent seen any of there deeper/wall sites yet. Stuarts cove seems to have more wall dives though....

Bahamas divers and Blue hole, very close to PI, Stuarts Cove and Shark Areana, other side of the island.

PS if any one, and i mean anyone has info on a dive site here please tell me!!! GPS co-ordinates really appreciated, i just found another 60 foot wreck dive off PI and updating my map later today.

This is perfect, thanks. Bahama Divers has a two-tank dive to Lost Blue Hole and Barracuda Reef that is just what I'm looking for. Appreciate the advice.

Blue hole is a great dive, if by chance you happen to have your phone out when your at Barracuda would love a GPS point!

I'm also going to be on Nassau in January and was hoping for some advice. Lost Blue Hole looks interesting, but Runway Wall seems to get more attention. If I can only visit one site, is there any destination I should prioritize? I'm more interested in wildlife than in wrecks.

Also, I will be staying on Paradise Island, so I will need to get to wherever I'm going...

I did 3 days with Stuart Cove from Paradise island. The transport from the hotel takes an hour each way, which really wasn't too bad if you are spending a whole day diving, but wouldn't be great for shorter trips. Trips from the dive center to dive location are short, they don't go far, but they go fast. Most of their sites are similar - they call their reef a "pumpkin patch" since it has lots of round orange corals and sponges. Lots of sites have "wrecks" being decommissioned boats they intentionally sunk. Many of the site have wall dives as well. I also did Blackbeards, which had much more varied diving, but Stuart's Cove's shark feed was more immersive, and I saw more sharks, eels and turtles overall. In 30 Bahama dives, I did not see any locations without interesting marine life.

Bahama diver is much closer to Paradise Island, and I guess they'd go to some of the closer sites Blackbeards did, such as the Blue hole and closer reefs, both excellent dives, but farther from shore than Stuart's Cove. I wanted to dive with them as well, but had some logistical issues setting it up. I recommend booking with them in advance, as sending e-mails after they closed for the day didn't work so well for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom