tank tumbling media Emerundum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a lot of details, but I don't see anything about grit. I would assume because of its designed purpose, no need to mention.
I use the CHICOMfreight AL Oxide, 70 grit. Keep in mind you have to use a lot in order to make any meaningful progress.

Maybe the A-1 size but its quite fine. You'll need a screen to retain the slurry when you try to dump it out.

yeah, I'm asking the seller about particle size. I have no reference to guess but it looks like they range form about 2-5mm in size. Its a 40lb bag so that's plenty for a tank. You use 70 grit Aluminum oxide? That seemed kind of small to me, then recapturing the media wouldn't seem to work well in standard strainers. I was looking at 8 grit Al Oxide.
That's a lot of details, but I don't see anything about grit. I would assume because of its designed purpose, no need to mention.
I use the CHICOMfreight AL Oxide, 70 grit. Keep in mind you have to use a lot in order to make any meaningful progress.

Maybe the A-1 size but its quite fine. You'll need a screen to retain the slurry when you try to dump it out.
Im not sure on aggregate sizing numbers, all greek to me. This was stated as 8/35

Im not sure on aggregate sizing numbers, all greek to me. This was stated as 8/35
A-1 size is the smallest you want
35-50% is caught in a size 4 mesh and 20-30% is caught in size 8
4= 4.75mm
8= 2.36mm
U.S. and Metric Sieve Sizes - Gilson Co.

8/35 is way too fine unless you use mosquito netting or something to catch it with. And you'd need something to support the netting. Otherwise you're dumping 20lbs of expensive sand into your sink drain.

A-1 size is the smallest you want
35-50% is caught in a size 4 mesh and 20-30% is caught in size 8
4= 4.75mm
8= 2.36mm
U.S. and Metric Sieve Sizes - Gilson Co.

8/35 is way too fine unless you use mosquito netting or something to catch it with. And you'd need something to support the netting. Otherwise you're dumping 20lbs of expensive sand into your sink drain.

Thanks, would 8 grit al oxide be ok?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom