New Santi Elite Plus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one, been diving it a little over a year. I don't have a lot to compare it to, just a Waterproof D1. I would guess I have around 30 or so dives in it. I'm satisfied with it and enjoy wearing it. Santi tweaked the standard sizing based on my measurements, It's easy to get in and out of, I haven't had any issues with the zipper, I stay pretty dry. I've taken it into the ocean, cold quarries, and warm cenotes. It washes off and rolls up nicely. The one thing I notice sometimes is how thin the soles of the boots are; walking on rocks periodically reminds me of that. Smart gloves are ok, fit secure and don't leak. It's a solid suit, does what I want it to do.

Did you get it with a plastic zipper? I chose plastic over the metal zip I'd been using for the past 5 years on my other drysuit, so I'd be interested to hear how the plastic one is...seems easier to maintain, but obviously concerned about its durability (and your comment about staying "pretty" dry LOL).

Glad to hear you're satisfied with it though.

I have a buddy with elite+
He is very satisfied and dives a lot. He has at least 100 hr and probably 70+ dives with it.
Santi uses YKK plastic zippers that are quite durable. I would definitely get the suit with that plastic zipper.
Basic elite without flexible panels is also available, those last a decade of hard use.

Did you get it with a plastic zipper? I chose plastic over the metal zip I'd been using for the past 5 years on my other drysuit, so I'd be interested to hear how the plastic one is...seems easier to maintain, but obviously concerned about its durability (and your comment about staying "pretty" dry LOL).

Glad to hear you're satisfied with it though.

Yes, plastic zipper; no problems with it, just take normal care of it.

I have ordered one over a month ago and still waiting for it.......
I guess that not only girls make you wait that long.
Quality wise I can only say SANTI. Performance wise as soon as I punch some dives with it I will let you know.

@PMscuba Did you ever receive your Elite Plus suit? If so, how has it performed? I'm still apparently a month or so out from receiving mine, but continually looking for folks' impressions.

Back
Top Bottom