Captain Don's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone been to Captain don's lately - I was there in july and they were really doing all kinds of construction all over the place. Redoing the bar etc. It was kinda annoying, but rolled with it.

Is that all done?

They also showed me a 2 bedroom bungalow that had been redone and it was great, wondering if they are doing all of them.

Asking because going back during the girls spring break.

Timely post for me. Just booked a June '20 trip staying at Capt Dons. Did you post a trip report?

I was mid September at cpt Don's. Didn't saw any ongoing constructions.
Bar is new and nice.

We had no problems with the location.
Some divemaster are not that friendly..
And some 32 nitrox bottles were >40%. So always check the bottles yourself.

We had a nice time and no problems(besides the nitrox..)

Does Capt Don still use a board for the boat dives where you write your dive number for the boat you want to go out on?

Someone told me that Cap't Dons now only has tanks with DIN valves. Is that true? Are there inserts available for yoke regs?

I think it is the otherway around. International yoke. If you have a din reg, bring an adaptor.

I never did write a trip report for that one, but it was good, I got over 100 dives, my daughter got to 60, my wife and daughter dove for the first time without me.

I couldn't imagine Captain dons converting from Yoke to DIN, I haven't ever seen a DIN on Bonaire so far.

Yes, the diving at captain dons is you write you diver number on a board, could have 2-3 (normally 2) for each time slot. They have the destination and the DM's listed so you can pick if you like or don't like one of them.

Someone told me that Cap't Dons now only has tanks with DIN valves. Is that true? Are there inserts available for yoke regs?
I'd have a very difficult time believing that about any operation that caters to Americans

Yes, the diving at captain dons is you write you diver number on a board, could have 2-3 (normally 2) for each time slot. They have the destination and the DM's listed so you can pick if you like or don't like one of them.
Thanks. I think this is such a great system. They post in the afternoon the next days boat dive sites. Put your dive number down for the boats you want to go on. If you change your mind, take your number off. Lots of flexibility. Would have been bummed to learned that they did away with this system.

I think it is the otherway around. International yoke. If you have a din reg, bring an adaptor.

That makes more sense. I haven't been to Bonaire or Capt Dons since last century so had no clue. The guy that said it was only DINs has not proved himself to have had the most reliable info in the past so appreciate the update.

Back
Top Bottom