Paralenz Temperature errorjust this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrackaFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Greetings
I have recently bought a used Paralenz and am learning how to use this wonderful camera. One thing I have noted is that the temperature readout seems to be about 4 degrees F warmer that the readings on my two dive computers. Is there a way to adjust or recalibrate the camera?
Thanks
William

I suspect that's due to the heating from the camera running, the Paralenz tends to run hot and there isn't much way to dissipate that inside the case in order to have the temp sensor at ambient. I don't know of any way to calibrate it, and it would vary depending on how long the clips are and the resolution (processor temps will vary with workload.)

I suspect that's due to the heating from the camera running, the Paralenz tends to run hot and there isn't much way to dissipate that inside the case in order to have the temp sensor at ambient. I don't know of any way to calibrate it, and it would vary depending on how long the clips are and the resolution (processor temps will vary with workload.)

You might be on to something RainPilot as the camera does feel warm when I hold it pre and post dive. Because of using the camera mounted on a handle I haven’t been aware of the body being warm while in the water. I guess I assumed the water would keep it cool. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom