For Sale Nautilus Lifeline - Discontinued version - VHF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You do not need a VHF license. It's a simple marine band 2-way radio, plus an emergency beacon in one unit. The new model lacks the 2 way marine radio.
Yeah fair point. I think im talking about a different model. I know for a fact that there was an older PLB that had a built in radio in it. In Ireland and other countries, you must have a licence to operate any VHF radio.

You do not need a VHF license. It's a simple marine band 2-way radio, plus an emergency beacon in one unit. The new model lacks the 2 way marine radio.
deleted

Somehow I wasn't getting alerts for this! Sorry I have sold them all...

As far as the "License Needed" - are they going to come arrest me if I use it with out a license? Because if I am lost at sea and someone comes to arrest me for using a radio.. I am OK with this...

"He was lost on a deserted island for 20 years before we found him... There was a perfectly good radio there, but he chose not to use it because he didn't have his license". :D.

Somehow I wasn't getting alerts for this! Sorry I have sold them all...

As far as the "License Needed" - are they going to come arrest me if I use it with out a license? Because if I am lost at sea and someone comes to arrest me for using a radio.. I am OK with this...

"He was lost on a deserted island for 20 years before we found him... There was a perfectly good radio there, but he chose not to use it because he didn't have his license". :D.
In my experience, most of the use if the VHF radio on the first-gen NLL was NOT for emergencies, and for this you DO need a license.

In my experience, most of the use if the VHF radio on the first-gen NLL was NOT for emergencies, and for this you DO need a license.

Not as I read the FCC FAQ: Ship Radio Stations

I think there was a bit of concern and hand wringing about individuals obtaining an MMSI without an actual craft, but I thought that was resolved.

For what it's worth I have two of the original VHF nautilus radios that I might be willing to part with.

Keep in mind that you can’t get these Gen 1 units repaired - I had mine fault (never had actually used in water either) and they said they have no parts to repair. They gave me a new second gen, non VHF unit instead.

They just repaired mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom