Why does water get in my regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same issue the last two days diving the St. Lawrence. Except I would intermittently get an entire mouthful of water. Diaphragm is good, exhaust valve looks fine wet or dry and mouthpiece is tight and leak free. I haven’t examined the case or pulled it apart yet but anything in particular I should zero in on?
I’m not talking a little wet, I’m talking an oh **** glug if water out of nowhere and otherwise breathing beautiful.

If you're getting that much water sounds like the exhaust valve may intermittently not closing properly or an issue with main diaphragm. What second stage is it?

If you're getting that much water sounds like the exhaust valve may intermittently not closing properly or an issue with main diaphragm. What second stage is it?
XTX200

Take it off the hose, seal the hose side of the barrel with your finger, inhale and see if it holds vacuum, you've a leak somewhere.

With second stage attached, pressurize and with mouthpiece facing down put it in a bucket of water and check for bubbles.

If you can - use TWO zip-ties :)
upload_2019-11-6_16-41-40.png

Reactions: EdC
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom